PLB Entice

So I originally was going to purchase the Aloe Alexis from BB. After testing a few latex beds locally my wife does not like the feel of latex and prefers memory foam. I did find a retailer that carries PLB, and they had a slow response topper she seemed to like( I would still like to go with latex). I figured the PLB entice might be a good compromise for the feel she likes with the material I prefer. It has one inch less latex than the AA which concerns me slightly, but my biggest concern would be the firmness of the mattress (they didn’t have this model to test). Does anyone have any idea what ILD the Entice uses for the latex layers, or even what approximate firmness it is? It is a "1’ on their plushness scale which is the firmest they have, but not sure how their “scale” compares to other brands I may be able to test locally. They did have a hybrid PLB model with 3 inches of latex over polyfoam I tried with the slow response topper, but I am not sure if the slow response topper is the same material used in the Entice bed. I have called and emailed PLB, but have not gotten a response and want to make a decision soon. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Everready073,

As you probably know the Entice has 3" of Active Fusion slow response Talalay latex over 2" of Talalay latex over their 8" bonded core which is 10% latex and 90% polyfoam (see post #6 here). I don’t know the ILD of the layers (the active fusion slow response would be either 15 ILD or 21 ILD) but PLB would probably tell you if you are able to connect with them. The entice is a soft mattress and I believe is an 8 on their “plushness scale” not a 1 which they say on their site but is clearly a misprint. I believe that the Vitality (in their hybrid fast response line) and the Nutrition (in their natural Talalay line) are both listed as an 8 as well so you can use them as a reference although they both use fast response Talalay in the top layers.

The Active Fusion Slow Response topper is the same material and is 15 ILD so if the topper you tried was 3" then you would have a reasonable reference point once you are able to find out the ILD of the top 3" of the Entice although the layers underneath would also have an effect on how the combination feels so the comparison with the 3" topper on what was likely the Harmony (which has 3" of Active Fusion fast response Talalay over the bonded foam core) won’t be exact.

Hopefully you will be able to connect with PLB and find out the ILD’s but you could test the other 8’s to at least get some sense of the relative firmness level.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply phoenix. I think this mattress is going to be to soft for my needs with my higher weight

Hi Everready073,

I would tend to agree with you.

Phoenix