PLB Nature Equilvalents?

Thanks to the articles and posts on this forum, I decided to check out some latex mistresses in my area. Unfortunately, living in johnson city, tn there weren’t many options. Many places listed in the dealers thread no longer carry all latex mattresses or don’t have any full latex beds. I was able to check out the PLB pamper, nature, and beautiful. I found the pamper too firm, the beautiful too soft, and the nature just right. They didn’t have the nutrition available at the store.

My question is if there are any beds roughly made up of similar layers to the nature that would run ~$1500 queen. I’d be willing to downgrade to full if need be. According to this post:
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/new-plb-blue-specs

Nature is 10" pure latex
2" ActiveFusion Fast Natural Talalay 21 ILD
2" Natural Talalay Pressure Relief 28 ILD
6" Natural Talalay Latex Support Core 36 ILD

After reading the pros/cons of the DIY route, I think I’d rather go with ready made.

Thanks

Hi Hypnotiq,

There is more about “matching” one mattress to another one in post #9 here and the posts it links to. I don’t know of any other “all latex” blended Talalay latex mattresses that use the same layering and design but there would likely be other Talalay latex mattresses that use different designs that would also be an equally good (or perhaps even better) match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) even though they didn’t have exactly the same “feel” or design. Post #32 here also has some online sources for the Pure Latex Bliss mattresses that you call and talk to that you can use for value comparisons (PLB has MAP pricing which means that the posted price is controlled but if you talk with them you may find that the actual selling price is lower).

The tutorial post also includes a link to some of the members here that sell latex mattresses online (in the optional online step) that include a wide range of features, designs, types of latex, and budget ranges.

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix. I’ll go through those resources. Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Hypnotiq,
I purchased a PLB queen Nature mattress almost a year ago and we are quite pleased with it. We live in Maryville, TN and tried out various PLB mattresses at the The Bed Store in Maryville and Knoxville. We found their prices though to be too high and TN’s high sales tax did not help. We ordered the mattress set online from The Mattress Expert, but since then his prices have increased by ~32%.

I also called these 2 stores for PLB prices.
Spoke to the owner and he said he would match any internet price I found, but I would have to pick up the mattress and pay TN sales tax.
Mattress & Furniture Expo
818 25th St NW
Cleveland, TN 37311
P: 423-740-5615

Excellent prices, would have to pick up the mattress and pay NC sales tax. Might be an option for you since Asheville is ~60 miles from Johnson City.
Sleep World of Asheville
700 Hendersonville Rd.
Asheville, NC 28803
P: 828-277-2500

Out of curiosity, after we purchased the mattress set, see post #58, I called Comfort Gallery Mattress. Their price on a queen PLB Nature at that time was slightly cheaper than The Mattress Expert.
This maybe another option for you.

If I had it to do over again I would not have purchased the PLB set, mattress and foundation. I would have purchased just the mattress. Their foundation is cheaply made and not worth the price I paid for it. So far the foundation is holding up but it is in our guest room and does not get everyday use.

BobP

Thanks for all the info :smiley:

Will contact those places.