Please help a very broken person find the right mattress

Hi jhcoleman18,

There will be some who disagree with me but my own thoughts are that it’s unlikely that one of the super premium brands would provide any better pressure relief or alignment than every other mattress in significantly lower budget ranges and these are the two main functions of every mattress. They would also not be any more durable than other mattresses that used high quality and durable materials. Of course there are people whose “value equation” is different from most other people and for those who can comfortably afford it, how they feel about the mattress they purchase may be just as important as how they feel on the mattress. There may also be some who for some reason believe that no other mattress will do.

Based on conversations I have had with many others who have a great deal of experience with these brands (including manufacturing) … if I was buying a super premium brand then VI Springs would probably be the direction I would lean.

You can see more of my thoughts about the Super Premium brands in post #2 here and in post #2 here.

They are beautiful mattresses and as much a work of art as anything else but IMO they would be difficult to justify in the context of why most people buy a mattress or what I call PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences). Among all the many mattresses that are available at much more reasonable prices you will find almost any combination of support/alignment and comfort/pressure relief and preferences that almost anyone could wish for. If I won a lottery or I was in a different income bracket I would certainly consider buying one … but not because I would sleep any better than any other mattress or because it would last me any longer … but just for the experience of owning such a finely made and crafted “work of art”.

Phoenix