Please help me pick a Mattress for my low back pain

Hi overtime I have become very picky on Mattresses. I have low back pain on soft mattresses. I was using this: Birchmere Utlrafirm Mattress from Costco and it had worked well for me.
Just jumped states and moved into a new furnished apt and the mattress really sucks. Woke up at 4:00 AM on a Saturday with back pain and can’t sleep on that mattress anymore. I need to get a new mattress. Costco will take atleast two weeks to deliver. Thats too long to go without good sleep. (my other choice right now is sleeping on the floor with a yoga mat).

Was wondering if people have any recc’d on anything that I can pick up at a local store (Northern California) that is as good or better than the Costco mattress I had. If nothing then, from other people in similar situations is there a another better mattress than the Costco one that I am planning on ordering that you would recc’d? I’d like the mattress to be very firm. Thanks.

Any of the mattresses from the companies listed in the “The Underground
(Our Membership)” section are of higher quality (Density). More info from Phoenix on Costco mattresses:https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/aerus-mattress-natural-plush-natural-ultra-luxe

I bought from Brooklyn Bedding online and while they are in Arizona (I’m in Florida), I still took delivery in under a week. I chose the Aloe Alexis Firm (Level 3)…excellent bed in my opinion and my back pain has diminished.
Good luck with your choice.

Hi rimmi2002,

In addition to the good suggestions made by jefmoody … post #1 here has the basic information, steps and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choice.

If you let me know which city or zip you live in Northern California I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options in your area I’m aware of.

It may also be worth turning your mattress over and sleeping on the firmer underside for the short term or in some cases if the issue is your foundation or box spring sagging then if you put your mattress on the floor it may also make a difference and give you the time you need to make an informed choice.

A mattress can have a bigger effect on your overall wellbeing than almost anything else you purchase in the next decade or so and IMO it’s a good idea to make a purchase decision a little more slowly so that you can make a more informed choice. Buying a mattress with a sense of urgency involved can too easily lead to a very unsuitable purchase that you may regret.

Phoenix