Please help me.... this is just too much. I can't decide.

Hello,

Please help me. At this point i don’t even want to buy a mattress anymore as sleeping on the floor seems more attractive than reading all of the confusing info and OVER-info. I want a mattress. I am thinking memory foam but at this point, I have no idea anymore as my head is spinning with information. I am 38. I am male. I have some lower back pain. My budget is NO MORE than $1500. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I am more than willing to drive at least an hour or two for the right deal on the right mattress. The one I was considering (until I read this site) was the Optimum Radiance model. Please help me ASAP. I either need to get something soon, or make space on the floor.

Hi markdrumsamson1,

Have you read the tutorial post here?

It has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how to avoid the worst ones.

Once you get to step 3 … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Cincinnati area are listed in post #212 here.

While only you can decide on which specific mattress is “best for you” (you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress), the information in the tutorial post will help you with choosing who to deal with and “how” to make the best choice. It will also help you understand the importance of knowing the quality/durability of the materials in your mattress so you don’t end up choosing a mattress that has a great “showroom feel” or good PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) only to find that the quality of the materials (especially in the comfort layers) is so low that the materials break down or soften much too quickly and the mattress loses it’s comfort or support which is the reason you purchased it in the first place. The loss of comfort and support means you may need to replace the mattress much sooner than you hoped (with no warranty coverage because the loss of comfort and support isn’t covered by warranties).

Phoenix

Thank you…

What is all this Tandalay core stuff? and… I found this… is this a terrible idea?

Even their most expensive mattress is only $927 dollars and they claim that these are used in major hotel chains everywhere.

Hello markdrumsamson1,

There are a few things to keep in mind while you are shopping for a mattress and trying to decide on what material to buy.

While you research information on both types of materials you will find out they are very similar in what they allow for pressure point relief. The main difference between the two main types like memory foam and latex is the initial feel of the material which is really a preference unique to each individual. While latex is a very responsive somewhat bouncy material it will feel more conventional similar to what you are use to, Latex s also a highly durable and resilient material. Memory foam on the other can be a slower to very slow response material allowing your body to be cradled by the foam as it form fits and molds to your body, this also allows for memory foam to offer less motion transfer than any other material. Either would be very beneficial to relieving pressure points while providing a great amount of support. The great thing is are now able to find some very reasonable prices online these days as it is becoming very common for online stores to offer similar models to the big name brand models you find like Tempurpedic. Most online companies offer comfort trial policies in which time you are able to determine if either type of material would work well for you as the best test is by trial. I hope this information is helpful and can assist you on your journey to finding a better nights rest suitable with your budget.

Mario Sevilla
Brooklyn Bedding
480-323-8831

You realize that the link provided is for a mattress store in Bangalor India right? Have you been to Bangalor before?

I do now… another website had a link to them claiming that they sold in the US with free shipping now. But it doesnt seem so.

Can you please weigh in for me on your thoughts on Brooklyn Bedding’s Aloe Alexis hybrid model?
I am seriously considering it… however for about $300 more i can get the all latex bed instead. is it worth it?

Here is my review of the Aloe Alexis → Here

Hi markdrumsamson1,

[quote]Can you please weigh in for me on your thoughts on Brooklyn Bedding’s Aloe Alexis hybrid model?
I am seriously considering it… however for about $300 more i can get the all latex bed instead. is it worth it? [/quote]

The Alexis uses all high quality materials (two 3" layers of Talalay latex in the comfort layers and a high quality 2.17 lb base foam and a cover that is quilted with wool and a thin layer of polyfoam). There are no weak links in the mattress.

It’s somewhat “in between” a more typical latex/polyfoam hybrid which usually have a single layer of latex over polyfoam and an “all latex” mattress which uses latex from top to bottom.

You can see some of my thoughts about a latex / polyfoam hybrid vs an all latex mattress in post #2 here and there is more about some of the benefits of the Alexis vs a single layer hybrid in post #2 here and in post #5 here. A forum search on “Alexis” (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about it as well.

Which one is “best for you” would depend on your individual circumstances and budget and the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you but both would make great choices.

Phoenix