Please help selecting which one is better.

I am torn between these two mattresses. Can someone help me identify the difference between Mary Luxury Plush and Karissa Plush Euro Pillowtop

1: Stearns & Foster Mary Luxury Plush
From $1299.00

Stearns & Foster Mary Luxury Plush
From $1299.00
Made in the USA, the Stearns & Foster Mary Luxury Plush Tight Top mattress delivers comfort layers of excellent quality and durability. A titanium alloy coil system conforms to the curves of your body for deep-down comfort. Other sizes available by special order. 9" or 5" Box spring also available, please contact store for details and pricing. Price does not include box spring.
NOW TAKE 25% OFF MATTRESS WITH THE PURCHASE OF ANY BED

Fabric:
• Silk Infused

Indulge Quilt™:
• FlameGuard™ Fiber
• 1" Hypersoft®
• .5 oz Fiber

Comfort Layers:
• 2" HD Supersoft Foam

Handles:
• 8 Warranted Handles on all sizes

Support:
• 825 Titanium Alloy wrapped coils with 2.5" foam encasement edge support

2:
Stearns & Foster Karissa Plush Euro Pillowtop
From $1599.00
Made in the USA, the Stearns & Foster Karissa Plush Euro Pillowtop mattress delivers comfort layers of excellent quality and durability. A titanium alloy coil system conforms to the curves of your body for deep-down comfort. Other sizes available by special order. 9" or 5" Box spring also available, please contact store for details and pricing. Price does not include box spring.
NOW TAKE 25% OFF MATTRESS WITH THE PURCHASE OF ANY BED

Fabric:
• Silk Infused

Indulge Quilt™:
• FlameGuard™ Fiber
• 1" Hypersoft®
• .5oz. Fiber

Comfort Layers:
• 2" HD Supersoft Foam
• Versare
• .5" Memory Foam
• 1" HD Supersoft Foam

Handles:
• 8 Warranted Handles on all sizes

Support:
• 825 Titanium Alloy wrapped coils
• 2.5" foam encasement edge support

Is it in the extra Comfort layers in the Stearns & Foster Karrissa Plush Euro:
• Versare
• .5" Memory Foam
• 1" HD Supersoft Foam
Maybe not, just looking at the descriptions you listed.

Hi navigates,

As UTME83 suggested … the Karissa Plush Euro Pillowtop has a pillowtop and thicker layers of foam in the comfort layers and would be softer than the Mary Luxury Plush Tight Top. Which one would be “best for you” (regardless of whether it would be “better” for anyone else) would depend on the results of careful and objective testing that would tell you which one was the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

Having said that … neither of these mattresses would be a very good quality/value choice and neither one provides any information about the quality of the foam materials inside them which would make both of them a very risky purchase because most of the major manufacturers use lower quality materials in the upper layers of the mattress (above the springs) which would be the weak link of the mattress. Lower quality materials in the upper layers of a mattress (especially in pillowtops) will be the first to soften and break down (long before the innerspring) which can lead to the loss of comfort and support and the need to replace the mattress much too soon … and isn’t covered by a warranty.

Before you buy a mattress I would strongly encourage you to “reset” how you are looking for a mattress and read the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make much better choices … and learn how to avoid the worst ones (including both of the mattresses you mentioned).

Phoenix

Phoenix. Thanks for your reply. I’m not too picky on mattresses. I’ve been renting an unbranded pillowtop mattress over the years and that was very comfortable. I would essentially like a pillowtop which isin’t very soft. I would have liked if I would have gotten the pillow top in tight top? Something like this.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/stearns-foster-mattress-sets-estate-elsie-luxury-firm-euro-pillowtop?ID=1048496&CategoryID=25946#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D26%26ruleId%3D72%26slotId%3D2

Plummers is having a 50% sale on mattress today and I’m getting the Karissa Plush Euro Pillowtop for about 800ish, which I believe is a good price. I just don’t want the mattress to be flimsy and too soft.

Hi navigates,

Sales that claim to be 50% off are a major warning sign because the 50% is based on a price that nobody ever pays. You can read more about “fake sales” in the industry (where prices are marked up only to be able to mark them down again to make the sales look real) in post #5 here. You are not getting any kind of a “deal”.

While only you can decide which mattress is the best match for you in terms of PPP (which is why it’s so important to know how to test a mattress) … all of the choices you are considering would be a very risky and would use lower quality less durable materials compared to many others that would be available to you made by other manufacturers in the same or better budget range.

Phoenix

Navigates…I almost bought the exact same mattress from the Plummers’ sale. It was listed at $1299 and I would have gotten it at $649, like you. It felt really good in the store…I had my wallet out. But I wanted one more day to research it, and then found MANY, MANY complaints about the current Stearns & Foster mattresses, as well as many of the other current “major” brands we all see. People paying $800-$2400 for mattrress sets that SAG very fast…from as little as 3 months to 3 years.

Research led here…very enlightening for me.

Erion929,

They had the Stearns & Foster Karissa Plush Euro Pillowtop out and it really felt sturdy and nice. The price is really low so I went ahead and got it. In my opinion, I’ve been ok earlier with the cheapest sealy and used that for years. At the moment I feel the sale is really great and free delivery as I’m buying lots of furniture. I’ll take pics and upload them here.

@Phoenix thanks so much for your help. I’m just not ready to dig so deep into my research for the mattress. I hope it turns out good.

Attached is the picture of the difference between plush and pillowtop. note the pillowtop has memory foam

Hi Navigates,

The descriptions you linked earlier of both of them also shows the differences (the Mary Luxury Plush is a tight top and the Karissa Plush Euro Pillowtop is a pillowtop and has an extra inch of low quality/density polyfoam and 1/2" of memory foam of unknown quality/density) but unfortunately neither of them have any information about the quality/density of the materials inside them and both of them would be very “risky” choices in terms of durability. The pillowtop would be a little more risky than the tight top because it has more of the lower quality materials inside it.

Phoenix

Phoenix.

I understand what you are saying. I live in an apartment and am always in a transient phase. At this moment I’m not sure I want to invest over a 1000 on a mattress. I will start with my research and find my perfect mattress in the next year or so. You are a genuine help and thank you for everything.

Hi navigates,

There are many mattresses in your budget range (or even lower) that would be better quality/value than either of the Stearns & Foster mattresses you were considering.

Regardless of your budget range … there are always higher and lower quality options available. You just happened to be considering two that use lower quality and less durable materials than other options you would have available in the same budget range.

Phoenix

Phoenix, wouldn’t that take time to manufacture in that case? I’ll do some research tonight. My delivery is set for Saturday.

There are so many companies online that have better value mattresses that could be shipped to your door for free within a week. The three that I am most familiar with are Brooklyn Bedding/Dreamfoam and Spindle Mattress.

Hi navigates,

In some cases a local or an online purchase may take a few weeks to ship and in others they are already manufactured and would be available for delivery or shipment right away or within a day or two of making a purchase. It depends entirely on which mattress you are buying (whether it is a custom build or a standard model that they carry) and on you are dealing with.

Phoenix