Polyfoam Base

Hi jasesu23,

[quote] Wonder what the cheapest foam base is from a recommend supplier on this site is. Am I correct to assume from the component list that its this :

Foamonline - 6" conventional foam block - full size
Eco Flex C33 - 1.8 density 33IDL
$231[/quote]

I don’t see an Eco Flex listed on the foamonline site but this probably wouldn’t be the lowest cost for @ 1.8 lb polyfoam in the thickness and size you are looking for. I don’t know the current prices for each supplier off the top of my head so you would need to check their websites to compare their prices for similar foam layers in the size you are looking for but Posts #5 to #7 here include some more specific pricing comparisons that may be helpful.

As you know … I personally would be very hesitant to make any purchase from a supplier that has a history of misrepresenting their products.

A electric carving knife along with a straight edge works very well to cut foam. If you wish to glue the layers together then you can usually purchase a can of foam glue from a local foam or upholstery shop or you can also purchase it online (here and here for example)

Phoenix