Polyfoam Comfort Layer?

I was think of adding a latex layer to my foam bad but I was thinking of trying just a regular polyfoam layer first. I understand its impossible for you to tell me what I would like but you have much more knowledge in the area so I’d value your opinion before ordering.

My current bed is just a single 5" piece of 1835 polyfoam from albanyfoam.com. Its very good quality, doesn’t smell, perfect cut size.
The 35 IDL is too firm for me. I’m not that heavy (69" and 150lbs) and when I lie in it, it seems to only compress 1 inch maybe 2 inches at the most.

albanyfoam.com offers the following Polyfoams that are lower IDL / softer. I feel if I add 2 or 3 inches of one of these I’d like it better and worst case Polyfoam is not expensive
so the options are :
1823 poly foam - since I never felt it is 23 IDL much softer feeling that 35 ILD in polyfoam
UC18 - which is 1.8 density and 18 IDL
UC11- which is 1,8 density and 11 IDL
super soft - 1.5 density and 16 IDL

I have an email discussion going with sales at albanyfoam.com but its not really helpful

So any recommendations, or any other question I should ask albanyfoam.com to help make my decision. Thanks in advance for any help. Its appreciated you taking you time out to help answer peoples questions.

Hi jasesun23,

I would tend to avoid the 1.5 lb supersoft because of the lower density and I would probably choose between the 23 ILD and the 18 ILD. The 23 ILD would be noticeably softer than the 35 ILD base layer you have.

If you spend time sleeping on your side I would probably lean towards 3" and if you don’t then 2" may be enough.

I would tend to talk with suppliers on the phone rather than through email (see post #4 here).

Phoenix

Makes sense. I’ll try calling them tomorrow and if that doesn’t help I think I’ll go with the 1823 for starters.

thanks again
Jay

Hi jasesun23,

That makes sense to me as well.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing and of course your comments and feedback once you’ve had a chance to try it out and sleep on it.

Phoenix