Prana Construction

Just want to confirm what I’ve gathered during my browsing.

The top layer of a Prana Sleep bed is foam.

Hi AmyPink,

Their whole mattress is foam but the top layers are all polyfoam and the rest of their mattresses are either all latex (except for a polyfoam layer on the very bottom) or a combination of latex comfort layers and a polyfoam support core.

It sounds like you may have read this already but you can read more about the previous versions (up to version 4) of Pranasleep in post #3 here and in post #2 here and in post #3 here and in posts #1 and #2 here and a forum search on Prana (you can just click this) will also bring up more information and feedback about them as well.

You may have read this as well but fortunately they changed the design in version 5 and the top layers of polyfoam are now higher density and are no longer what I would consider to be a weak link in the mattress in terms of durability but they are still in a significantly higher budget range than other similar mattresses and the top layers are still polyfoam so you would still be feeling and sleeping on polyfoam as much or more than latex. There is more about the new version 5 in post #19 here.

Phoenix