Pranasleep and Portland Mattress Makers

Hello,

My wife and I are going from a Queen to a King. We have a tempurpeic hybrid with and adjustable base now. But are thinking of going to latex

Either the Pranasleep Asha Select Plush or we are going to check out Portland Mattress makers tomorrow.

I can find good reviews on either mattress. Does anyone have an opinon? I don’t want to spend thousands on something we will hate.

I saw a bunch of online matress companies. But not sure how I feel about buying a mattress I can’t try first.

Thank you

I dont know.

The best person to ask is yourself after taking the mattress tutorial.

No need to rush. Take your time. I would try many many mattresses before you buy one. Develop an experience base with mattresses by trying out many. Try out mattresses with same lightweight clothes. Try out all mattress finalists on the sane day!

I am choosing between King Koil Pure Bliss Brook Firm latex mattress at $5500 vs Tempurpedic Luxe Adapt at $4900 myself.

John

Hi EndIswnter.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, I would be cautious about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range).

In other words … reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here). Opinion sites like yelp are certainly no exception, and in most cases the “negative” reviews are simply a forum for consumers to “lash out” with ad hominem attacks because they feel they have been “wronged”, when in many cases the issues expressed are a consequence of their own lack of due diligence or refusal to accept responsibility. But since they have a feeling or emotion, they are therefore entitled to make this a reality, regardless of objective facts to back up their point. Certainly, mistakes happen with any company, but I believe most readers are intelligent enough to see through the motives behind many of these posts.

Does anyone have an opinon? I don’t want to spend thousands on something we will hate.

Your own testing will be your best data point here. Ultimately, if it feels supportive and comfortable and meets your needs, that’s the most important. With latex, you’re less likely to run into issues with durability so it really comes down to what feels best and right. I’d suggest asking about exchange and/or return policies just in case you find the bed uncomfortable after the break in period (about 90 days).

NikkiTMU