probably a dumb question about latex mattress zippered cover and compartments

I wrote some time ago that I fell in love with the Flora Nouveau latex mattress made by OrganicPedic. The high price of the mattress and the not very flexible return policy left me underwhelmed and I didn’t buy it.

Recently, I have restarted my mattress search and have tried various all latex mattresses made by Nest Bedding, Savvy Rest, and another OMI mattress, the Duo. I especially liked the convoluted top layer of the Duo but other than that felt that all of the mattresses offered something that I liked well enough. Because I liked the convolute top so much, I’ve added Flobeds (non-v-zone) to my list of possibilities. All their latex beds seem to feature that convolute comfort layer (though it’s thinner than on the Duo).

So here’s my question: I notice that many of these mattresses use a separate zippered compartment for each latex layer. Flobeds does not do that and instead has a single zippered cover that zips over all the latex cores which sit one on top of the other. Does this matter? Does it affect the feel of the mattress or its breathability? If not, what is the reasoning for having separate zippered compartments?

Hi susanco,

Post #2 here should answer your question :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix!