PSA: LatexMattressFactory Black Friday is not a sale

Latex Mattress Factory is having a “black friday sale”, but they’ve merely jacked the prices $600 or 40%, then “discounted” them by that much.
This is a scummy way to do business, you should have some respect for your customers.
At first I thought the only real discount was the 5% coupon they’re offering, but even that’s a lie!

All of their latex products are perpetually on sale, explore this page through the years, see that it’s always on “sale” from $340

Look today and see that it’s on “sale” from an even higher base price, while retaining a similar “sale” price. (wow, it’s actually around 5% higher than usual! Imagine that!)

To Latex Mattress Factory/SleepEZ/DIYmattress.com:
Stop advertising like your target audience is monkeys.

The goal of this site is to educate consumers to cut through all the lies but you, being a trusted member, act like a scummy mattress salesman with perpetual false sales.
People and companies who share the values of the mattress underground believe that an educated consumer will make an educated choice, and if your products are good they’ll choose them.

3 Likes

Decide if you want it and if you dont……next.

It is their choice of how they price their products. It is not inherently “scummy”. Apparenty, customers are triggered by sales…go figure. Buy at the price you want……or skip it.

John

That’s the point, it’s not on sale, that’s just the price it is always. The fake sales are manipulative as it pushes someone to buy when they otherwise might have waited and done more research/comparisons first.

1 Like

Clearly you didn’t read and understand the post, and you had to throw in a backhanded insult as well. People like you are why forums died as a medium.

3 Likes

Hi 1081riil,
I understood your point. I don’t necessarily disagree with you if that is what actually is taking place. I have not been watching closely enough to determine, what every sellers perpetual prices on things are as compared to the supposed “black friday” or “cyber monday” and on any other special day sales. I will take your word for it as it appears you have been following the pricing.

Having watched other sites on the net, particularly bedding websites, it seems that many are constantly on sale. Some are the ‘always 50% off’, there are a few that are almost always 25% off and now for BF they are 30% off. In some cases the BF or special day sale is merely a little bump from the everyday “sale.”
I would offer that if a business is going to offer a special day sale, there should be some type of bump from the normal everyday “sale.”

I know businesses who advertise on price are required to mix it up a bit as there are certain advertising regulations in various States, that say if you offer a product at a discount for more than a specified amount of time, it no longer constitutes a sale, and the price being offered is considered the normal or regular price. Some advertising regulations state that sellers must print a disclaimer in their advertisement, stating the item may never have sold at the regular price, and intermediate markdowns may have been taken. There are a lot of rules on this, but most of the players out there run right on that fine line of “sale vs regular or intermediate marked down price.”

Having said all that, I understand where you are coming from. All of the trusted members are here because they are transparent about the products they sell and the specifications of the products they offer. Although your point is well taken, about the integrity of the pricing sometimes isn’t as transparent as the specifications of their products.

I am not prepared to say that any of the trusted member sellers on TMU are intentionally trying to deceive anyone. I would attribute these situations more to trying to be competitive in the market given the scope of what is going on out there in internet world today. I like to give the benefit of the doubt first, until someone consistently proves it wrong. You may have done that!

At the end of the day, most are here not only because of their transparency of product and integrity of business, but many are here because they genuinely want to help folks who would otherwise have nowhere else to go for help. Quality help that is! For me that is paramount, helping folks navigate through this tangled web of the mattress world. We should think of that as priority one!

I was going to just let the conversation play itself out, but seeing it from the outside, not vested either way, I wanted to jump in and acknowledge your point.

Hopefully, everyone had a nice and healthy Thanksgiving and we can continue to help those who need it here in TMU.

All the best,

Norm

Sale or no sale. Decide if you want it.

Understood your post perfectly.

Hope you get the product you want.

Cheers,
John

Thank you for your reply Norm, I vaguely remember hearing previously about the regulations for long term sales, but I don’t have enough knowledge or evidence to make any claims about it.

I would like to add that I’ve been a customer of Latex Mattress Factory before this and am very satisfied with the product. I think they make a good product and give sufficient details for an informed customer. I’ve also had a great experience interacting with their customer support and the shipping/warehouse staff. The staff seem to love what they do and are very helpful and personable.
My apologies for throwing off the tone of the thread.

1 Like

Hey John, sorry for losing my temper,
I understand not everyone may see the subject from my point of view.

Cheers

No, you have made a good point. It is just the world has got more competitive out there and businesses are trying to promote themselves with a variety of marketing strategies that will work to get folks to pay attention and “click” to their web site. We are all here to be be helpful for those who might not otherwise know better and need the help. I did not find what you said offensive or out of line. It was a valid observation (except for the scummy part, since you did say they have been very satisfied with them. LOL). I understand the frustration though, and I cant deny the truth in what you were describing.

Despite it all, you have been a happy client of theirs. So, at the end of the day, as they say, it’s all good!

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving and Holidays!

1 Like