Purasleep memory foam mattress

There have been many questions about Purasleep memory foam mattress. Well I purchased one about 3 months ago. It has been a nightmare to say the least. It’s like sleeping on a wood floor that sinks. I wake up with horrible back pain each morning. I had much better sleep on my standard spring mattress. All the hype about this mattress is just that, hype! But the truth is, this is not a good mattress for comfort or support. Don’t buy it unless you want to waste your money! I bought a topper for this mattress hoping it would help, but that gave little relief to this mattress. The only good thing about this mattress is the cooling gel top, which actually cools. But the density on this mattress is very low so you get a hard rough sleep experience! Buy at your own risk!!!

Hi Lincham22,

I’m sorry to hear that your mattress didn’t work out for you.

These types of symptoms generally are an indication that you chose a mattress that wasn’t suitable for your body type or sleeping positions in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). While this has nothing to do with the quality of a mattress or materials inside it (it’s only about suitability) … Purasleep also doesn’t list the quality/density of the materials they use so when you are making any mattress purchase online or otherwise it’s always important to make sure you know the type and quality of all the materials inside it (see this article).

It sounds like you asked about the type and density of all the layers and if you could list them on the forum (along with the model you purchased) it may be helpful for others that are also considering the same mattress.

I would also be very careful about purchasing any mattress based on reviews or “online hype” because other people’s experiences on a mattress may have very little to do with yours (see post #13 here). A mattress that is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on. It would be like buying clothes or shoes based on what fits other people or that they like when their size or circumstances or preferences may be very different from your own.

The most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is how well it matches your unique needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) because no matter what the cost or quality of a mattress … if you don’t sleep well on it then it would have little value to you. It’s also a very good idea to make sure you are comfortable with the return or exchange policies with any online purchase and factor it in to the “value” of your purchase because the risks are always higher when you make an online purchase where you aren’t confident that a mattress will be a good match for you once you sleep on it. There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here.

Thanks for sharing your experiences an feedback and if you do decide to purchase another mattress then the best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible and most suitable choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix