Pure Crafted Beds TruEssence Plush

Looking for a little softer mattress than most memory foam mattresses I’ve been on. Has anyone seen a review or know about this mattress? Most sleep issues for me are waking up every hour to to change sides because my hip gets achy against a firm mattress. I’d like to know if their plush is truly plush! This brings me to another question… Would latex be a better choice than memory foam? Thanks!

Mike

Hi mchesney,

While I don’t have any personal experience sleeping on their mattress … you can see some thoughts about them in post #2 here and in post #19 here.

Unfortunately here is no “standard” definition or consensus of opinion for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that is firm for one can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. This is all relative and is as much an art as a science. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress (see post #15 here).

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the options they have available based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or sometimes to other mattresses that they are aware of that you may be familiar with than anyone else.

The choice between different materials or different types of mattresses is a preference choice not a “better/worse” choice (assuming that both use good quality and durable versions of the material you prefer). There is more about the pros and cons of latex vs memory foam in post #2 here but the best way to know which of them you tend to prefer would be based on your own personal experience.

Phoenix

mchesney,

Sorry for the delay in chiming in here. First, we always defer to Phoenix and what he has to say, so listen to him first and foremost!

In regards to our mattresses, if you are looking for a softer mattress, I would lean toward our TruSerenity Comfort Firm model. That model features latex foam on top instead of memory foam. We’ve honestly been trying to better classify our firmness levels, but its just so difficult because everyone has their own ideas.

In terms of firmness I would rank our mattresses the following way: TruSerenity Firm > TruEssence Firm > TruEssence Comfort Firm > TruSerenity Comfort Firm. So as I stated above, the TruSerenity Comfort Firm will put you at the softest level that we have. This mattress compares to a lot of the $850 mattresses online in terms of firmness level, but as Phoenix may attest to, it contains higher density (and far more durable) foam inside. That higher density foam, along with our EcoShield cover, accounts for our higher price point.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 844-787-3272 and you’ll either get myself (Greg), or my sister Jennifer on the other end of the line!