Pure Latex Bliss Mattress review after 3 months

I wanted to get back and give you my thoughts on the mattress I purchased a few months back -I bought the Beautiful model and at first I was going to send it back as I thought it was too soft. I had slept very well in it no aches or pains but thought it maybe sunck in too much. I think thats why everyone suggests you spend time in it. Today I can say it’s awesome. I think for me the biggest difference between this and my old springcoil mattress was the issue regarding hips and shoulders and the effect it has on your sleep. The new mattress seems to adjust for those points and doesnt cause as much pressure. I think there are some other issues that I can work with —Heat is one although I have yet to use a wool mattress protector, it does occasionally get warm. Another issue is when you get in the bed, the mattress will sink in distorting the shape. That means the sheets will loosen up leaving you with some bunching. I have read about drawstring sheets which I may purchase. Lastly remember these are very heavy mattresses and have no handles, even the company setting it up had issues handling it, its like jello. But overall this is a great bed and latex may take some time to get used to but what a difference )

Hi Mike,
Glad you now have an appreciation of your Pure Latex Bliss after giving it a chance.
I have used that manufacturer’s product in a topper that was an expensive “consolation” prize
from “Sleepy’s” after my Kingsdown bed was as stiff as a board ( so different from the floor model
on which I predicated my bed decision )
Sleepy’s told me eventually the bed would “soften up” it never did after 2 years
they then SOLD me the Latex Bliss mattress topper to go over it…
the good parts I enjoyed about the Latex Bliss- it virtually had 0 odor right out of the package
I loved the knit cover that stretched along with the topper
For me, the experience went the other way- the topper was WAY too soft and had no support
and over time it did leave body impressions (sagged noticeably) so my spine was not kept aligned in any way shape or form. I am
not a heavy woman, medium to thin.
The sad part of all this is the Latex Bliss does come in a wide range of firmnesses and they (sleepy’s)
never let me in on that, and as a result they stuck me with the softest, so it was a double screw job.
I would sleep in my car or on the floor before I would buy anything there again.
Anyway, I hear that Sleepy’s lost all their Latex Bliss in their warehouse and no longer sell it at present.

hiya badbedgirl )

Im sorry you had a bad experience - I did try the topper at the store and it was very soft. I bought my bed thru cgmattress and they were great to deal with. I originally thought mine was too soft because I was used to my old mattress. I would wake up feeling great but still thought it was soft. Eventually I realized I wasnt having any aches and sleeping much better. I am waiting to change the foundation to a low profile however. But the sleep is great

Hi Mike7,

Thanks for the update!

It’s great to see that you and your mattress are getting along so well in spite of a few relatively minor fine tuning issues :slight_smile:

Your experience also goes to show that it’s usually well worth trying a mattress for a few weeks and waiting for any changes that can happen during the initial break in and adjustment period before exchanging it.

Phoenix

I’m glad you like your bliss beautiful mattress, I will get mine delivered tomorrow.

I currently have the bliss Nature for 3 months now and I still find it too stiff for me so I did an exchange. I weight around 135-140lbs, 5’7 so that’s maybe why I need something softer.

For the topper, I agree that they are way too soft (14 ILD I think) and pretty much useless (I’m light and I sink all the way down into it). But their mattress are really well build, I hope I will like my new Beautiful mattress as much as you do since that’s my only exchange. But I’m happy that I took the full 90 days to test the Nature, so now I’m really confident that this exchange is a good decision.

It’s funny that you talk about the sheets issues when you sit on it, I was wondering the same thing.

Hi- hmorneau )

I hope you like yours as I said it took awhile to adjust simply cause I was used to one thing. I tell my friends you dont realize how much better something is until you experience which again goes to why I say now that trying a mattress in a store for is nothing like actually sleeping in one.
And the sheets can be a pain I like a smooth fitted sheet but they always seem to bunch if anyone has a suggestion let me know
good luck with your new mattress

Hi Mike7,

I’m not sure of the specifics of your sheets or the pocket depth but besides the drawstring sheets you mentioned there are a few suggestions in post #3 here that may be useful (including custom pocket depths with elastic all the way around or sheet straps/suspenders).

A jersey knit sheet would also stretch more instead of bunch up as much but they can also sleep warmer.

Phoenix

thanks)