Quality BED manufacturers in DFW area

We’re about to bite the bullet on a latex mattress from one of the recommended local DFW shops listed here (THANK YOU for that list - there is no way I would’ve figured that out myself and I was starting to lean towards buying from sleepez online sight unseen, which I wasn’t totally comfortable with). I’ve been stalking these forums for a while and finally registered.

We need a new bed but we really want something high quality that provides the correct support for a box spring and/or mattress, with the right number of support legs underneath for a King. We lean towards more transitional in style. Does anyone know of a local place that sells GOOD quality beds that won’t negatively impact the life of a King size latex mattress? Can be iron or wood, prefer a low or no footboard and prefer that it has the proper support for mattress only (no box spring) but I am open. Will be placed on a carpeted floor.

Willing to splurge a little for something that will truly last years…tired of buying a new mattress every couple of years due to body impressions. My husband and I aren’t big people - he’s 5’11" and 170 and I’m 5’6" and 120…but maybe we’re dense? LOL. We’ve had problems with body impressions with the last 3 sets of mattresses we’ve bought. Want to END IT NOW!

Hi PurplePony,

The support system underneath the mattress will have a much bigger impact on the life of the mattress or on impressions than the type of bedframe you decide on which would be more of a personal preference (assuming that it’s strong enough to hold the weight of the mattress, any foundation you are using, and the people sleeping on it). With an all latex mattress … I would generally suggest a slatted foundation (not a box spring with springs) or a platform bed with with gaps between the slats that are 3" or less apart and a midbeam with at least 2 legs to the floor for support.

There is more about the types of support systems that will generally work best for different types of mattresses and some sources for each of them along with a link to some guidelines for metal bedframes and a few platform beds that would be suitable in the foundation post here that may be helpful.

Phoenix