Quality coil spring mattresses (queen)

Opinions on better/quality "coil-sprin mattresses. What brands should I consider?

Hi lupo,

A mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials and components that are in it and since all manufacturers have access to similar materials … my focus would be on connecting with manufacturers or better retailers that have the knowledge and experience to “match” you to the best possible mattress … for YOU … regardless of the type of mattress you prefer.

The only “brand” recommendations I generally make are to avoid the larger brands that generally use lower quality materials (or don’t disclose them at all) and sell for higher prices and to focus on smaller independent or local brands (often called “off brands”) that are either sold factory direct or through better sleep shops (or sometimes online) that have the knowledge and experience to help “educate” you about the choices that would suit you best rather than “selling you” whatever they can get you to buy. Post #1 here has a series of steps and links to information (including about different types of innersprings and the advantages and disadvantages of each type) that will greatly improve your odds of finding the most suitable mattress with the best possible best possible quality and value inside your budget range regardless of which type you prefer.

Phoenix

thank you
if i ask a question, where can i see responses from others

thank you
if i ask a question, where can i see responses/suggestions from other members of this forum

Hi lupo,

I would guess they would probably reply in this thread and you can read them here.

Phoenix

what do the numbers mean after the topic matter?

Hi Lupo,

If you mean the # sign and then the 4 digit number after the “.html” … this indicates which post in the thread the URL leads to. If you remove this number and then hit enter you will go to the very beginning of the thread.

Phoenix

Specifically thr numbers located to he right of the subject. These numbers change
example 6 31

Hi Lupo,

I’m not sure what you mean.

Are you talking about the URL (where there is a pound sign and a number to the right of the “.html”) or are you talking about a number somewhere else (I don’t see any numbers to the right of the subject in the post itself except the post number).

If it is important for some reason … then perhaps you could take a screen shot and circle the number you mean and post it here.

Phoenix

quality coil spring mattress 8 44 WHAT DO THESE 2 NUMBERS SIGNIFY? tHERE IS NOHEADING indicating what they this row means

Hi Lupo,

I don’t see what you are seeing (probably looking in the wrong place)

A screen shot posted here would be helpful.

Phoenix

my final effort…this is what I SEE…
See Our Forum page
see (subject Quality coil Spring Mattress
there are two rows with number) 10 50
the frustrating part is that there is [u]no interpretation ofwhat these 2 columns signify.
there are numbers(thay change), but no one seems to know what he numbers mean and or why they change
I can’t believe that I am the only one that has questioned this!

thank you for your responses

Hi Lupo,

Not only may you be the only one who has questioned this … you may be the only one who is seeing it (I cant find anything that resembles what you see). Again … I really have no idea about what you are looking at or what page of the site and probably the only way I would be able to see what you are seeing is if you post a screen shot to the forum. What is the URL of the page you are looking at?

Phoenix

I suspect lupo is referring to the Replies and Views columns here:

https://mattressunderground.com/mattress-forum.html

Hi danielrhall,

I think you just hit the nail on the head … and I don’t know why I didn’t think of it :slight_smile:

I kept looking at the post heading inside the threads and didn’t look at the forum view.

Thanks for solving the mystery … and I hope Lupo is reading this!

Phoenix

I am reading your reply. Thank you for acknowledging my question. However, I still do not have an answer!

It doesn’t seem that you’ve made it entirely clear what it is you are asking about yet. Posting a screen shot (it’s worth a thousand words) to show what you are referring to has been suggested three times now.

I suspect but am not sure that you are referring to the Replies and Views columns on the Forum View page. If so, the numbers in those columns refer to the number of replies to a topic thread, and the number of times (or unique viewers…Phoenix could say for sure) forum users have navigated to the thread.

Hi danielrhall,

Yes … you are exactly correct.

The heading on top of the column indicates which is which and one is how many times someone has clicked on the thread to view it (it’s each click rather than unique viewers) and the other is how many replies there have been (excluding the original post).

@ lupo

Because the views of each thread and the number of replies change over time as people either read or reply to them … the numbers keep updating accordingly.

If this isn’t what you mean … then I really have no idea what you are referring to :slight_smile:

Phoenix

If you are on a tight budget I like the 416 bonnell coil system over the 460 and the 650. It has the strongest coils and will last longer. It also has steel reinforced edges rather than foam. (Steel edges are better than foam edges). The independent pocketed coil systems are good but by the time you have paid for one of those you could have gotten a solid foam core which is probably going to hold up better than coils.