question about Dutch craft quality

Hello,
New to the forum and needing to buy a queen set. I’m in central OH and was looking at a local place at a couple Dutch craft models, Supreme Dbl pillow top and Athens Plush. It’s for a 12 year old or a guest room,

I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this company’s mattresses, good or bad. I was also looking at Simmons Beaty Sleep models to compare.

thanks

Hi tl9999,

[quote]New to the forum and needing to buy a queen set. I’m in central OH and was looking at a local place at a couple Dutch craft models, Supreme Dbl pillow top and Athens Plush. It’s for a 12 year old or a guest room,

I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this company’s mattresses, good or bad. I was also looking at Simmons Beaty Sleep models to compare.[/quote]

In general Dutch Craft tends to use better quality materials in their mattresses than many other manufacturers but in terms of quality and durability any specific mattress is only as good as its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

Dutch Craft is also more transparent about the materials in their mattresses than many other manufacturers so you can find out the information you need to make an informed choice so if you can find out the information in this article and post it on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials in the mattresses you are looking at and let you know if there are any obvious weak links in either of them. Without this information it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality or durability of a mattress.

There is also more about the most important parts of the value of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

If you are choosing a mattress for a child or for a guest bedroom I would tend to look in a medium to medium/firm firmness range and I would tend to avoid anything softer than that. Some people also purchase a softer topper that you can use on top of a firmer mattress for their guests that prefer a softer sleeping surface so that they have a choice.

I’m not sure where you are in Central, OH but the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Columbus area (subject to the quality/value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here. There is also a list for the Cleveland/Akron areas in post #2 here.

Phoenix