Recommend a good place(s) to buy mattress in Sacramento Ca local area

Hi jjthenovice,

It’s an innerspring that uses pocket coils and has 858 coils inside it (probably in a queen size which would be less in smaller sizes and more in larger sizes). You can read more about the different types of coils used in mattresses in this article.

Pocket coils respond more individually and contour better to the shape of the body than other types of innersprings where the coils are less independent and are joined together with helical wires.

I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials in any mattress you are considering but I’d need to know the type and thickness of all the layers listed from the top down (to make sure they add up to the thickness of the mattress), the density of any polyfoam and memory foam, and the type and blend of any latex to help you identify any possible weak links or make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. While an innerspring isn’t usually the weak link of a mattress (a mattress tends to soften and break down from the top down) … it would also be nice to know the gauge of the coils.

A good retailer or manufacturer should be able to provide this so if you can find out the specifics and post them on the forum I would be able to make some meaningful comments.

I know that Stress-O-Pedic has committed to providing any information about their mattresses that a consumer would need to make an informed choice so they are certainly well worth considering (see this thread). Hopefully Matthews Mattress will be just as open and transparent about their house brand as well but you would need to ask them for the specifics.

Phoenix