Recommend a mattress for ~$600

Hi,

I am a new member and found this site while trying to do some research on my mattress purchase. This looks like a great website and was looking to get some recommendations. There are so many choices and I’m a bit overwhelmed.

I am 29, 6ft 180lbs and have on and off neck and back pain. Now that I think of it, I havent had a good nights sleep in ages. I’ve been sleeping on an innerspring. After doing some research I’m looking into either memory foam or polyfoam or some hybrid. I just want to be able to get a good nights sleep. I know my budget is pretty low.

Just hoping for some recommendations. I am living in the Boston area. Thanks!

Looking for full size. Please let me know if there is other info to help you give me some recommendations.

I have one! Check out Dreamfoam latex hybrids on Amazon OR Brooklyn Bedding models. I looked, looked, and looked some more. These companies offer great mattresses at great prices. I just bought a latex hybrid from Dreamfoam, but Brooklyn Bedding, a sister company offers slightly more durable foam in the base for most models. I went with a medium firm as I found over the years that my back has fewer issues with a firmer mattress.

I forgot to mention that both companies are members of this site, neither maker charges tax to charge tax and offer free shipping. Also, per Phoenix, my bed from Dreamfoam is a great value for most people. It feels great to my boyfriend and I, but my very large boyfriend might break down the foam faster, which is why I should have paid a couple of hundred more and bought from Brooklyn Bedding, but under normal circumstances, that wouldn’t be necessary.

Thanks for the reply! I was actually just looking at the Brooklyn Bedding website. Which model is it that you are referring to? Also, have you heard of Spindle? There is one in Acton, MA.

Edit: Regarding Brooklyn Bedding I guess it would be the Cotton Camilla Perfect Top Series, right?

Hi sleepypeepy,

The first place to begin is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Boston area are listed in post #2 here. You have some good options in the area including Spindle Mattress which is a member of this site which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry.

If you are comfortable with an online purchase the tutorial post also has a link to the members here that sell online. Brooklyn Bedding and Dreamfoam are sister companies and as Stepane mentioned both are members of this site as well and would also make great choices.

Phoenix

Really appreciate the advice!

I bought the Aloe Alexis from Brooklyn Bedding six months ago…It remains awesome, I sleep very well these days but that wasn’t my story before. I had so much pain I needed pain killers to sleep then woke up in pain anyway. Now I lead a normal existence thanks to my AA from BB.
Best Regards,
Jeff

Thanks for the advice! I will check it out. What were some things that lead you to that decision. I’ve just started researching and I’m pretty overwhelmed.

I decided to buy latex simply because it is the most durable foam and generates the least amount of heat - I love very firm memory foam but it tends to make me sweat from getting so warm. I picked Brooklyn Bedding based on price and exchange policy.
The deciding factor that made me go up to the Aloe Alexis was that it has two 3" comfort layers and I wanted the flexibility to exchange just one of them or move them from top to bottom. I know there are different companies with 3 or 4 layers for more combinations but that rose the price more than I felt comfortable with (buying online).
Latex is a little more difficult to get accustomed to (spring or memory foam) in my opinion as it seems I feel it pushing back all over my body - feels odd the first few weeks.
I no longer fear making an online purchase because I’ve learned much more about the product and would never buy a mattress without knowing exactly what it is made of, where it is made and the details of firmness (ILD for Latex) or density (Memory foam).
Best Regards,
Jeff