Recommended Retailers Near Me

Hi Phoenix,

I located your list of recommended retailers and found 3 within a reasonable driving distance from where I live (Buena Park, CA zip code 90621). These are the Flexus Comfort Mattress, Nest Bedding and Foam Sweet Foam. I am specifically looking for what I call a “hybrid” mattress - combination of coils and foam. I have tried sleeping on all foam mattresses - both latex and memory foam - and wasn’t super happy with either. I am now searching for my 3rd mattress within a 5 year period as my current mattress stopped providing support after 1 year. I have been looking at the Saatva mattress and read your mattress forum posts on this mattress. My questions are:

1. Are there any other recommended retailers within a reasonable driving distance from where I live? I will be visiting both Flexus Comfort and Nest Bedding within the next few days.
  2. In the Saatva forum you mentioned there were several other similar options that are of a better value and quality than the Saatva. I am interested in knowing the names of those options and where I can find them, if you can provide this information.
  3. Are there any recent posts about the Therapedic hybrid and owner satisfaction with this mattress?
  4. Any feedback on the Restonic mattress? What retailers carry the Restonic?

I know this is a long post but I am desperate to find the right mattress. Buying a new mattress (several of which have cost me over $2,000+) every 2 years is just no longer an option. I would like to find one that doesn’t cause back pain and I can enjoy for a few years longer.

Thanks,

JanLee

Hi JanLee,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Flexus, Nest Bedding and Foam Sweet Foam are all members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to purchase a mattress from them.

You mentioned that you already found the list of retailers I have near your area, so that would be all that I have. I don’t maintain a complete compendium of all mattress retailers in a certain area, as that is constantly changing and I wouldn’t be able to vet them as well. So I always issue the caveat…subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here .

You’re asking for a complete listing of all mattresses made that use higher quality materials than the Saatva, which unfortunately isn’t something that I’d be able to provide, with the tens of thousands of different mattresses available. I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses or their specs that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor or have available online (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but checking their websites and making some preliminary phone calls to the retailers/manufacturers that are on the local or online lists is always a good idea before you decide on which retailers or manufacturers you wish to deal with anyway. This will tell you which of them carry mattresses that would meet your specific criteria, are transparent about the materials in their mattresses, and that carry the type of mattresses that you are interested in that are also in the budget range you are comfortable with. Once you have checked their websites and/or talked with the ones that interest you then you will be in a much better position to decide on the ones that you are most interested in considering or visiting based on the results of your preliminary research and conversations.

Therapedic licensees make different hybrid mattresses across the country – it depends upon what the particular licensee in your region decides to produce. Even I f the same “hybrid” line was produced across the entire county, other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, but I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

My answer to your previous question would also apply to this one. I always caution people about “brand shopping”, as the label on the outside of the mattress tells you little about the quality of componentry on the inside. You certainly can do a search on the forum for Restonic, although the information might not be too specific to your situation, as just like Therapedic, different Restonic licensees across the country produce different items.

I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site but just in case you haven’t read it yet … but the best advice I can give you is to “reset” how you’re going about shopping for a “hybrid” mattress and start reading the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

As you already have a bit of an idea of the style of mattress you desire, I would always make sure that you find out the information listed here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components to the durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase. This would be how to evaluate any particular product you’re considering.

I hope that information is helpful. Let us know how your visits turn out.

Phoenix