Reguest for Comments on Restonic Ultra-Plush Eurotop (Top Entry)

After contacting Restonic Retail Salesperson, Manufacturers Rep, and Corporate Contact, this is all I could squeeze from the store. It contains what I call “features” : but not the specs posted by Phoenix that would allow sharper comments. Nevertheless, this forum has taught me a lot and I encourage your feedback. This mattress I like (the top row entry on the chart) meets my wife’s PPP very well. I’m less crazy about the extra plush, but the support is terrific. Store is asking $1900.00 including foundation, delivery, set-up, and haul away. What do the forum members think about the bed, then also about the price.

Hi mduda,

I switched your post and my reply to your earlier topic since it’s a continuation of the comments and questions you were asking there.

In terms of “comfort” and PPP … since you and your wife are the only ones that can feel what you feel on the mattress … other people’s comments about how it feels to you or whether it would be a good “match” for someone else would be mostly meaningless since their experience or preferences may be completely different from your own and a mattress that is “perfect” for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on.

In terms of durability and the useful life of the mattress … the information you posted doesn’t include any meaningful information about the quality/density or durability of the foam layers in the mattress or the mattress “as a whole” and based on that alone the odds would be too high that they are lower quality/density materials that would be a weak link in the mattress and would compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress and that you would need to replace it much too quickly relative to the price you are paying. I would avoid any mattress that included more than “about an inch or so” of lower quality or unknown materials … regardless of the price (but especially in the higher budget range you are looking at)

Unfortunately … outside of PPP (which would be based on your own testing and personal experience) … there is just no way to make meaningful quality/value comparisons with other mattresses you may be considering or that are available to you without knowing the specifics of what is inside a mattress because all you would really be comparing are “marketing stories” that are designed to “sell” you rather than “inform and educate” you so that you can make an informed choice about the mattress you purchase.

Phoenix