Replacing discontinued dream mattress

I have serious back problems and I’m looking to replace the best mattress I’ve ever used which is now discontinued. It’s the Original Mattress Factory Latex Supreme. It combines the qualities of being soft and plush like a cloud and being supportive enough for my back. My friends who have laid on it over the years have raved about it. All latex foam, no hybrid. I found this information for it on the forum:

1 1/2" Convoluted Talatech® Talalay Latex Foam Topper - 17-21 ILD, 3.1-3.3lb Density
6" Talatech® Talalay Latex Foam Core - 30-34 ILD, 3.9-4.2lb Density
1 1/2" Convoluted Talatech® Talalay Latex Foam Topper - 17-21 ILD, 3.1-3.3lb Density

What would you recommend I try?

Hi heatshimmr.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile: Thanks for bringing your inquiry here!

Sorry to hear the Latex Supreme has been discontinued. It’s always a sad day when you go to replace a bed and it’s no longer available.

Looking at the specs you provided, I think you may find some luck with FloBeds mattresses or perhaps a semi DIY through Arizona Premium Mattress. The owners of both of these companies are very knowledgable and knowing the specs, would be able to help point you to the most similar build.

Of course, the bed you currently have is compromised of proprietary foam, so nothing you find will be identical. That said, finding an identical shouldn’t be the goal, rather something as supportive and comfortable!

Are there any beds you’re already looking at that you’d like an opinion on?

NikkiTMU

Very late response lol, but I’m currently looking at DIYing via Arizona Premium Mattress with a convoluted topper from FloBeds. I’m thinking of doing it like this:

1st layer: 2" FloBeds convoluted topper (28 ILD but feels like 14 ILD?)
2nd layer: 3" APM blended latex 19 ILD
3rd layer: 3" APM blended latex 28 ILD
4th layer: 3" APM blended latex 32 ILD

OR

1st layer: 2" FloBeds convoluted topper
2nd layer: 3" APM blended latex topper 19 ILD
3rd layer: 6" APM blended latex core 32 ILD

I’m not sure what would be better. Hopefully it would be easy enough to change layers if I need to.

@Arizona_Premium any thoughts on this build?

For added context, I’m under 100 lbs

Not a fan of convoluted latex, tried it 20 years ago and had nothing but durability problems. If you want the feel of a #14 then perhaps that would be better. #14 or the feel of #14 is only good up to about 130 lbs otherwise you would go right through it. The rest of build seems fine but I would need to know your weight and favorite sleeping position for a proper evaluation.

1 Like