Replacing my Sleep Number with a SOVN sleep system question regarding article...

Hi there, I replaced our mattress with a Sleep Number system almost 5 years ago. I wish at the 3 month mark when I started having all sorts of physical issues I would have linked it to the Sleep Number but it took me until this past January to figure it out. Almost 5 years! I’ve spent countless hours doing research and trying mattresses and was sure I found the one when I went to Sovn. I know its basically a Berkeley Ergonomics but marked up in price. My SOVN system arrives TOMORROW and I’ve literally been waiting on pins and needles for 6 weeks. My back can’t take anymore of my Sleep Number Nightmare. Then tonight I come across an article saying a lot of negative things about the Berkeley so now I am concerned I just spent a lot of money on the wrong choice. Anyone have any experience with a Sovn sleep system or the Berkeley. I’ve done some searches on here and have seen a few posts, but mattress shopping has my head spinning and my wallet crying. I’m not sure if it is okay to post the link of what looks like a campaign against Berkeley. I hope I did not make the wrong choice again!

Hi DRKPEACE,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about your issues with your current Sleep Number mattress. But I’m glad that you’ve found something new in the SOVN/ Berkeley Ergonomics model. The “campaign” you mention against Berkeley was exactly that, from what I believe to be a competitor masquerading as a “concerned” consumer. They attempted to post their “claims” here on the site, and I dealt with it appropriately.

Berkeley Ergonomics makes mattresses using very high quality materials and I think highly of them, their advice and their products. I would have no concerns with the order you placed, and I would ignore the unsubstantiated and exaggerated “complaints” that the anonymity of the internet afforded in this case someone to post.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix for making me feel so much better about my decision! The SOVN sleep system was delivered today and it’s all made up and ready. My Oxygen Pillow was damaged in shipment so they told me I would have to wait for that but the important part is here. I am looking forward to crawling in and hoping for a mostly pain free night as I’m sure there will be a little getting used to a new system. Time will tell. Goodbye Sleep Number and I hope it’s goodbye “numb” arms and legs…probably a fitting reason it’s called Sleep “Number”!

Hi DRKPEACE,

You’re welcome, and I’m glad your new mattress has arrived (sorry about your pillow).

There will always be a period of what I term “retrogression” where you adjust to your new mattress, and the mattress adjusts to you. This can be a few nights to a few weeks, and even longer. Hopefully you adjust quickly to your new product. Let us know.

While I know there are many people who sleep well on air mattresses, this was still a funny comment! :lol:

Phoenix