Report Back on my New Flexus Mattress

I previously posted about the paralysis that had gripped me in choosing a mattress. At the time I was contemplating a Casper, or some other one-size-fits-all mattress.

I ended up doing a complete turn and bought a latex mattress from Flexus. I live in Palm Springs, and Flexus is about 90 miles west of me, quite a drive. I came to the conclusion that if I was going to order a mattress over the phone, I wanted to support a local manufacturer and local business.

Henry and James at Flexus could not have been more helpful or better. Henry talked me through the choices, and we decided on a queen mattress that was split inside so that one side would be a bit firmer and my side would be a bit softer. Originally I had ordered a standard foundation from Flexus, but then, since the wallet had creaked open, decided to pop for a Leggett & Platt S-Cape adjustable base (in for a penny, in for a pound).

Flexus delivered the mattress and base to our house in Palm Springs and their guys set up the base and mattress. I have a traditional maple all wood bed (headboard, footboard, side rails), and the L&P base fitted perfectly inside the frame.

I’m extremely happy with the mattress! It’s very comfortable, and we are sleeping great. My partner has said that it’s the most comfortable bed we’ve ever had.

I also tend to sleep hot, like a furnace, usually with a drenched sheet and pillow but have been extremely comfortable and cool sleeping on our Flexus latex mattress. I also now have a latex pillow which has further contributed to my cool comfort.

I’m glad I found the Mattress Underground which helped to lead me to Flexus. They are a great company, with great service and extremely competitive prices.

Hi iankh,

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on your new Flexus mattress and adjustable bed base! :cheer: I’m glad that you’re sleeping better. As you’re aware, Flexus is a member here and I think highly of them and their products. I’m happy they were helpful to you.

I’m looking forward to learning about how your mattress and base are performing after you’ve had a chance to use them for a while longer.

Phoenix