Reputable latex topper sellers

A few weeks ago I came across one of your responses listing your recommendations of latex topper suppliers and their links. I have searched, but can no longer seem to pull it up. How could I find it? It was awesome! Both I need one and my daughter.

Because we have no manufacturers around us, I went ahead with the Simmons black Ava Lux Firm thinking I could put a topper on to make it softer since I am a side sleeper. Since then, I’ve also seen your post about its weak link in the top layers of foam. I still have time to return but am highly sensitive to beds and looks like I am either a princess and the pea or have an auto immune disease in the makings. Therefore, I have had to go thru these larger mattress stores for exchanges. I think I was also mislead on another site that seems to heanily push the Ava and a 2 in soft tallay latex topper. However, since I’ve got time, I may try the topper I am 40 pounds overweight The other site said the soft souls offset the firm mattress. However, am I going to sink right down? Would you go up to 3" or do a 2 inch med softness instead? It’s got to be soft enough not to give me bursitis again on my hips though.
Many thanks!

Hi klauser,

The list of online component/topper sources is in post #4 here,

There are many other stores both online and locally besides the larger mattress stores that allow exchanges or can make other types of adjustments to your mattress if the mattress you chose was either too soft or too firm. The mattress shopping tutorial includes two links to lists of the better online options I’m aware of and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

[quote]The other site said the soft souls offset the firm mattress. However, am I going to sink right down? Would you go up to 3" or do a 2 inch med softness instead? It’s got to be soft enough not to give me bursitis again on my hips though.
Many thanks! [/quote]

How much more you sink in with the topper than you do on the bare mattress would depend on which part of your body you were measuring because you will sink in more under the heavier parts of your body than you do under the lighter parts of your body but the topper won’t fully compress down to nothing under any part of your body so it would be less than the thickness of the topper. In the end though how much you sink in can only be measured with specialized measuring equipment and it’s more important that the topper is “just enough” in terms of thickness and softness to relieve your pressure points and to maintain your spine and joints in good alignment in all your sleeping positions.

Post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline for choosing the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the least possible risk and the best chance for success.

Phoenix

I would appreciate any help with local mattress manufactures. I am in North MS. Tupelo (38801) use to be the furniture capital and know that there were once several manufacturers in the area but not sure now. You could go down south as far as Jackson.
Thanks!

Hi Klausner33,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around Tupelo, MS (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here and the list for the area around Jackson, MS is in post #2 here.

Phoenix