Restava Delano

I spent the last several weeks studying the mattress industry, and visiting the store to use as a reference point, but this site was the one that finally helped me to make a decision yesterday with Restava.

At 320 pounds, I need a firm mattress, and something strong enough to last me at least 5 years. I am also a hot sleeper, and came close to making several purchases, but I finally decided on the Restava Delano. They guarantee that the bed will not get hotter than my body temperature, and it does have 5 inches of gel foams on top (5.3 lbs). The base foams add another 9 inches, and what I really like about this bed is that they have bottom and side reinforcement (almost went with Brooklyn, but they have no added edge support). It also compares to the TP Rhapsody, and they gave me 7 percent off because of this site. What do I have to lose? They will take it back and give me a full refund if it does not work out, but I think it will after talking with their customer support.

Also decided that I wanted an adjustable base, and that was an entirely different research project. Restava does not sell what I wanted, and that is the Legett and Platt Prodigy. It has a motor that can lift 700 pounds, and none of the others come close in features, welding, and noise during use. I suggest that this area in a purchase is looked at closely, and do not just go with what the mattress company has to offer. Most of the adjustables only lift 400-450, make lots of noise, and one even broke while I was using it at a store. I found a great and knowledgeable company in New York with no shipping charges or tax out of state.

Hope this might help somebody because there really is very little information about Restava on this site or the Internet, but they have a decent website. Hoping to hear from others that bought a Restava Delano.

Thanks, Clay

Hi Zaccaglini,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a good choice that was clearly well researched and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve had the chance to sleep on it.

The Prodigy is also a very strong adjustable bed and has the strongest DC motor I know of which I’m sure was a big part of your choice. I also agree with you that an adjustable bed purchase is best looked at as a separate purchase since it’s more of a commodity than a mattress and it’s easier to compare the features that are most important for each person between different manufacturers and suppliers.

Thanks again for your comments and feedback.

Phoenix