Restava Monaco or something else?

I’m shopping for a gel memory foam queen mattress and there’s so many options, I don’t know how to decide!! I keep seeing ads for restava and how they are comparable to tempurpedic and they have a 9" queen for $379. but searching amazon I found a 12" gel that’s in my budget Amazon.com and a 10" https://www.amazon.com/DynastyMattress-Cool-10-Inch-Memory-Mattress-Queen/dp/B0097VOYDW/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1361921145&sr=1-4&keywords=gel+memory+foam+mattress

How do you decide what is best to get? Thanks

Hi jrdtech,

You can see the guidelines I use for memory foam mattresses in post #10 here.

A mattress would need to “pass” all 4 guidelines for me to consider it. The only one of the ones you mentioned that does is Restava (which are on the list of some of the better online memory foam options in post #12 here. I would keep in mind though that the two lowest priced mattresses (the Monaco and the Regina) don’t have a return policy, are non refundable.

Once you know the layering of each mattress and the foam densities then it’s much easier to make meaningful comparisons between mattresses by comparing the materials.

I would also make sure you are dealing with someone who has the experience and knowledge to help you choose a mattress that is suitable for your body type, sleeping positions, and preferences. People who are more interested in selling you whatever they can instead of what you really need are not worth dealing with. No matter how little you pay … if what you buy isn’t suitable for you then you would have wasted your money buying a “cheap” mattress that ends up being very expensive. If you buy low quality materials that soften and degrade quickly then that’s another way that “cheap” mattresses can be very costly both in terms of your quality of sleep and in terms of your wallet.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix looking at your post of recommended online retailers I’m considered going a bit over budget and going for the Ultimate Dreams but I can’t decided on whether to get the 13" or 11", I’ve slept on extra firm beds and super soft pillow tops, and I sleep like a baby on every one maybe because I’m still fairly young and I no back issues yet. I think I might head over to the local Sleepy’s and lay out a Cloud Luxe to get a feel for what the 13" would feel like. What should I lay on to get a feel for the 11"…and by 11" do you mean the 10", Amazon.com because I can’t find the 11" on amazon. Thanks!

Hi jrdtech,

You would be much better off calling them and asking if it’s comparable to any of the Tempurpedics in terms of “feel” because they would know much better than I would. I haven’t heard them mention a comparison or asked them in our conversations.

I looked through this thread and couldn’t find a mention of an 11" mattress. Could you link to the post you mean? It’s possible it was a typo if I was referring to their 10" gel memory foam mattress. If it is and you can link to the post then I’ll correct it.

Phoenix

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/memory-foam-mattress-help

Hi jrdtech,

Oops … that post has been there for many months and is a “reference” post and you were the first one to notice it … or at least point it out :slight_smile:

It was definitely a typo and I’ve corrected it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Phoenix