Restava vs. Christeli

Hi SoCalSleeeping,

Apparently the final decision hasn’t been made so whatever they have been using may still change. He wouldn’t have known the specifics of any particular order and was more just passing on information so I wasn’t able to find out the specifics of what they have been using. As you can probably sense … it was a fairly non specific call outside of a date when they would be able to be specific. I did tell him that the uncertainty was causing justifiable and legitimate issues on the forum and some people may decide that they aren’t comfortable keeping their mattress and the reply was that they will deal with that as it happens.

I agree that they should be able to find out and disclose the specifics of any mattress that they built from the information and date on the law tag.

I’m not sure when the exact date of any changes were but it’s clear that this involves fairly recent changes that have been discussed and thought through and isn’t something that was the case since they started.

If you email them the picture of your factory tag and/or your law tag they “should” be able to tell you the specifics of what is inside it and I would be interested to find out if they were more responsive than the last time you emailed them (multiple times I believe).

Phoenix

Thanks for the update and follow through, Phoenix.

In the meantime, let me ask you this: What other mattress companies out there that you are really (really) familiar with, have great customer service, quality materials and offers transparency to their customers would you recommend? Sure, you could direct me to the member list of mattress companies on the forum, but I’m really asking you for a select few that you know you can trust. After all, Restava was on that member list originally.

I ask because I’m starting over on my mattress search and only want the handpicked best of the best companies, not just ones that are members of this site. I’d like a company who deserves and works for my money.

Thank you Phoenix for any personal recommendations

Hi tarpon,

The manufacturers and retailers that I officially “recommend” are in the membership list here. The tutorial post also includes two links to lists of some of the better online choices I’m aware of (not all of which are members here) and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better local options or possibilities I’m aware of as well along with my brief comments about them.

More than that … I don’t recommend specific mattresses or even companies … I only recommend a set of steps and guidelines that you can follow so you know “how” to choose a mattress that is the best value for you based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Yes … that’s exactly what I do. The membership is a group of manufacturers and retailers that I trust and think highly of and I wouldn’t hesitate to make a purchase from any of them. If information comes to light that changes things then I make changes accordingly (which is the reason for my current caution with Restava). There are also others that I think highly of that are mentioned in many of the local lists around the forum as well depending on where you live.

The recommendations, suggestions, and information on this site are based on many thousands of hours of intensive research and conversations over the years and on “best efforts” but if you are looking for infallible recommendations or research or a 100% guarantee of success in anything then you won’t find it here … or anywhere else that I know of :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hello All,

Just to bring this topic to a close … Restava is no longer a member of The Mattress Underground (see post #6 here).

Phoenix