Restava vs. Christeli

Well, I hope they do, as they have completely ignored/disregarded all my e-mails for a month now. At this point I have given up trying to get information from them.

It is hard for me to consider this company as “transparent” when it takes this much effort (or appears to not be possible for the average customer) to get basic specs on densities, which is all I requested. Other recommended retailers are far more straight forward in listing specs, and don’t have marketing focused (and mostly meaningless) names for everything. Not to mention the pictures seem inconsistent with the actual construction, so that, combined with the difficulty/unwillingness to identify what the materials exactly are, has me skeptical.

I would be hard pressed to recommend them at this point, since I am uncertain that their advertised construction (even the very few details given) are correct.

At this point, I am extremely skeptical of Restava. The lack of communication they’ve shown everyone, the discrepancies in the quality of their materials and densities, etc has me clutching my wallet and looking elsewhere.

Throw in the fact they are now giving Phoenix, the leader of this board, the run around and that does it for me. I think it’s embarrassing how they’ve treated mattress underground and if I were Phoenix, I’d strongly consider removing them from the website’s recommended manufacturer list.

New member here, so glad to have come across this forum when researching mattresses. I too am considering Restava, and this topic has me thinking twice. Curious to hear what Phoenix finds out.

Hi all,

I’m still waiting for a reply to the issues that were brought up in this topic. I sent another more “urgent” email today and hopefully they will reply quickly and I can update the topic with the information they provide.

Phoenix

For those not receiving emails from restava try your junk mail… That’s where mine ended up. I ordered the ivory and will post a review on it once I get all set up.

Hi lowamcnabb,

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

I’ve also seen many cases where email filters have settings that end up putting certain email addresses into junk folders even when they are a personal reply rather than spam.

Just to update the rest of this topic … I also received a reply to my email today that apologized for holiday schedules “messing up” the timing of their reply to me and that they will be going through this topic so they can respond to any issues that were mentioned and respond to me as soon as they can.

Phoenix

That’s odd because I’ve also left voicemails well before any holiday, no calls were ever returned.

Also checked spam/junk folder, nada.

I’m curious to see what they say when they do respond to our concerns.

Also very interested to hear IowaMcNabb’s review of the ivory.

Thanks everyone.

It’s not a filter, or problem on my end, I received the order/initial e-mails, they just stopped responding over a month ago when I tried to get construction information and then follow-up.

The unboxing of the Ivory. Overall we are very happy with the mattress. The first night of sleep was great and I’ll post a follow up after a week or so

Solid work IowaMcnabb! I appreciate that and wish more people would do this. How would you describe the quality? Are u able to compare the firmness to say, a tempurpedic model?

Either way, thank you for your contributions to this thread already and please keep us posted as you continue to sleep in the ivory.

Hi Iowamcnabb,

Thanks for posting the video with the unboxing of your new mattress … I appreciate it as well :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share an update after you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thanks guys/gals. We made the restava purchase based on research and info from this site so I thought I’d give back by sharing my experience.

We were sleeping on a nearly 15 year old spring mattress prior to the ivory so nearly any mattress would be an upgrade haha. We have slept on it for 3 nights now and each night has been better than the last. I can’t compare it to other foam mattresses but IMO the medium firm description is spot on and the quality seems legit.

We ordered on Thursday and was told the mattress would be shipped out the following Tuesday and we would receive it in 2 days (Thursday). We received on time as promised and the customer service over the phone was pleasant.

With the 7 percent discount they had the total came to 1100 and change for the queen mattress and foundation. We are happy with the purchase a few days in and so far I would recommend them. I will update on occasion

Phoenix, thanks for your help on this. Wondering if you have any further updates? I was this close to ordering a Restava before coming across this thread, eager to hear what you’ve learned. Thanks!

Hi coltsfan317,

I still don’t have the details yet but I will post them here as soon as I do.

They called me this morning but I was in the shower and when I called back they weren’t available either so I’m still waiting for more information about the specifics of the changes.

Phoenix

Wow, still no response?

Hi SoCalSleeping,

They called me back the next day but they still didn’t have all the information about all the foam densities that I was looking for so I clarified what I was looking for in more detail and they said they would call me back as soon as they found out. I haven’t received a call back since then unfortunately.

It’s disappointing that it’s taking so long to find out some fairly basic information.

Phoenix

IowaMcnabb:

Curious to see how you are still liking the ivory 2 weeks in. Please be honest, but have you noticed any unusual wear and tear or indentations on your side of the bed? Really appreciate your input as always and please continue to check in with updates on the bed. I look forward to them.

Also disappointed to hear Restava has yet to get back with Phoenix, esp since he helps generate a lot of business for them. I think they have poor communication and are understaffed (at least in my experience), but the jury is still out on their quality.

Thanks everyone and keep in touch.

Tarpon

[quote=“tarpon21” post=39675]IowaMcnabb:

Curious to see how you are still liking the ivory 2 weeks in. Please be honest, but have you noticed any unusual wear and tear or indentations on your side of the bed? Really appreciate your input as always and please continue to check in with updates on the bed. I look forward to them.

Also disappointed to hear Restava has yet to get back with Phoenix, esp since he helps generate a lot of business for them. I think they have poor communication and are understaffed (at least in my experience), but the jury is still out on their quality.

Tarpon[/quote]

We are very happy with the mattress so far. Our sleep has been fantastic and I feel the quality is good. I haven’t noticed any wear and tear but will certainly report back if I notice anything. B)

[quote=“Iowamcnabb” post=39699][quote=“tarpon21” post=39675]IowaMcnabb:

Tarpon[/quote]

We are very happy with the mattress so far. Our sleep has been fantastic and I feel the quality is good. I haven’t noticed any wear and tear but will certainly report back if I notice anything. B)[/quote]

Great to hear you are sleeping well. So no noticeable sagging? Thank you for the periodic updates, my wife and I both appreciate it!

Thanks for the update.

I guess I am confused though, with the implication about what the specs “will be”.

So they had no response regarding the specs (and my label) of mattresses already produced? It is hard to believe that they can’t just find the information with a few keystrokes… otherwise how do they produce the build orders within the factory in the first place. Anyway, for all we know they have misleading people for quite awhile, if not always. I believe my label actually had the date of 2012 or 2013 on part of the tag.

How can they not have specs for a mattress that they are currently producing (and that I have in my room)? :unsure: