Restonic TempaGel Hybrid Royal vs. Latex Mattress?

I’m considering buying a Restonic TempaGel Hybrid Royal w/ Energy Foam but I can’t find any information on this mattress. I was looking for a latex mattress but was swayed by the price and the salesman recommended the Restonic. The latex seemed like they had a lot of the qualities that I’m looking for and felt good but the showroom Restonic felt good too. I’m looking for a good medium firm mattress, and as someone who obsessively researches every major purchase before buying, the lack of information is driving me nuts.

Basically, has anyone experienced the Restonic TempaGel line. Looking for opinions on quality and longevity. Comfort is a subject trait, but if you want to share, that’s cool too. Thanks!

Hi dsmhawk,

Restonic makes some good quality mattresses which can have “better than average” value but the only way to make meaningful quality or value comparisons with any mattress is by knowing the specifics of all the layers inside the mattress. A good retailer should be able to provide this to you on request (including the thickness of the layers, the density of any polyfoam or memory foam, and the type and blend of any latex in the mattress). Without this there is no way to make meaningful assessments of a mattress except in terms of its comfort and support which may not last long if the mattress uses lower quality materials.

Energy foam is not a type of foam and is just a trade name for memory foam, polyfoam, or latex foam. Again they should be able to tell you the specifics of what is in the mattress so you can test for it’s suitability in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) but can also make meaningful quality and value comparisons with other mattresses that are suitable for you as well.

Post #1 here would also be well worth reading (if you haven’t already) and has good basic information, steps and guidelines that can help you make good choices.

Phoenix