Retail Latex Mattress rip off

What a God sent this site has been. I only wish that I would have found it sooner rather than sifting through numerous other sites on the internet with bias and conflicting information on latex mattresses for the past month. We live in a large urban city in mid-west Canada. There are very few retail outlets that sell an “all latex” mattress. The only retail outlet in our area that actually carried latex mattresses that we could physically try out carried an OMI latex mattress that we really liked the feel of. Unfortunately we did not like the feel of the $6000 price tag. The Mattress Underground site provided us with the option of ordering from an on-line store in the U.S.A. with the same specifications as the OMI mattress, but for roughly ONLY 1/3rd of the price. That’s right, roughly a little over $2000 from an on-line store rather than paying $6000 retail. All we have to do is have the mattress shipped to a receiving company in North Dakota, which is about a 1 ½ hour drive from where we live, and then pick it up and drive back home. Thank you so much to the Mattress Underground for the information, advice and list of on-line stores for latex mattresses. You have saved us a ton of money in this process.

Hi mpidnic,

You did well and I’m glad you found us before you pulled the trigger!

$6000 would “feel” a little hard for me to sleep on as well :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your new mattress … and thanks for the kind words!

Phoenix

Don’t let Walt, CEO of OMI find out where you bought your $2000 equivalent because he will surely send them a nice letter from his lawyers trying to scare them off as he did with my company stating false advertising and other bull crap. This guy needs to learn he is no longer king of the hill and my company as with others are smashing the door down on organic latex mattress prices. Good for you!