Retailer in Northern Ohio

Hello all,
I’m new to this forum and wondered if anyone could suggest a retailer in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
I’m starting to educate myself on mattresses because I have not been pleased with the last couple purchases. Back and hip pain is getting worse as I get older and would like to find a quality mattress that would help.

Hi Daven.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I have discontinued the provision of listings of potential retailers in various geographic regions (unless they are already approved site members), because of the difficulty in maintaining such lists in a retail landscape that is constantly changing, and most importantly the confusion it was creating with the consumer members who incorrectly assumed that these businesses had indeed gone through the strict vetting and qualification process that is part of becoming an approved member of The Mattress Underground. Such an assumption is unfair to both the consumers seeking assistance, as well as the very businesses and manufacturers who have indeed qualified the be members here of The Mattress Underground.

You can perform a forum search and you can type in the key term any city or area you would be closer to and consider driving such as Cleveland, Ohio (or other towns in Northern Ohio) or any other area and see what other businesses have been discussed in that region which may be helpful to you.

Whatever business you’re considering, I would always confirm that any retailer or manufacturer that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and also make sure that any mattress that you are considering meets the Post #13 quality/value guidelines here.

I am sorry that your back and hip pains are increasing and I am not sure if you have a medical condition, but I am sure that a suitable sleeping system will greatly help alleviate both of them. I think that dealing with back pain (or any pain) and how it may relate to a mattress can be very frustrating. Part of the reason for this of course is that there are so many variables involved that getting to the actual cause and it’s solution can be difficult at best. There are so many different causes that can mimic each other that sometimes even knowing where to begin can be frustrating and even a quick search on the internet can lead to more confusion and questions than it can answers. Often there are multiple causes that interact and no single one seems to help. It is always good to keep in mind that many of the causes are not even related to a mattress even though a mattress can either help aggravate or alleviate some of the issues involved so it can sometimes appear that something obvious such as a mattress change is the cause when it may only be one additional factor that put something over the edge.

In general … pain that can be connected to a mattress will come from one of two primary sources. The first is muscles and their connected tissues and the second is joints and their connected tissues. There is a also a third category which is “other causes” (such as health or illness issues which can “mimic” back pain) which have little to do with the joints or muscles themselves. This last group needs to be ruled out (with the help of a medical professional) because of course no solution that involves the muscles or joints can work if they are not the primary cause.

This being said you came to the right place to start your research and become accustomed with what you need to know and what to look for in your search for a mattress and I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site, but I would suggest that before looking for a mattress you learn a bit about your needs and preferences and the steps involved in how and what to look for. Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here (there is a condensed version of it at the end of that post) which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones. Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well he will sleep), durability (how long he will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

Once you had a chance read through the material I’ve presented here, please let me know if you have any specific questions about specifications or certain products you discover, and feel free to post back on the forum and I’ll do my best to guide you.

Phoenix