retailers that sell Golden mattresses near Tallahassee.

Hello all, I have been reading these forums for about a month. I almost purchased a tempur pedic, but I am more interested in a latex mattress by Golden. The one i have in mind is the 6’ reflextion. There is only one place in town that carries it, but the price seems a bit up there. I need help finding other places to purchase the mattress near by, i’m willing to drive to save $700… I ve only been able to find one place in Georgia that has the same mattress for half the price which concerns me about, the local price mark up. Please help if possible?

Hi willie8732,

Golden makes 4 mattresses with latex inside them that include “reflection” in the name (see here and here and here and here) and it’s possible that the quotes you are receiving aren’t for the same mattress. The 6" latex reflection includes 6" of latex on top of 8" of 2 lb polyfoam and is 14" thick overall.

The best source of information for retailers that carry the mattress you are looking for would be to contact Golden Mattress Company directly (their phone number is here) who should have a list of all the local retailers that carry their mattresses.

You’ve probably seen this already but there may be some other latex or latex hybrid options that may also be worth considering either locally or online. The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Tallahassee area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here and the mattress shopping tutorial also includes this link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online and many of them also make latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that could also be well worth considering.

.Phoenix

The mattress that I tried is this very first one that you listed. It’s priced at $2000. The store owner seemed knowledgeable about the densities and questions that I had. One thing that did throw me off was when I asked about any certifications that went along with the mattress. He stated that it wouldn’t need anything like a certi pur because it was manufactured in the US! If you don’t mind me asking what are your thoughts about the componets of this mattress?

Hi willie8732,

Most of the foam manufacturers in North America are CertiPUR-US certified (see the list here) and I wouldn’t have any issues with the safety of any polyfoam that is made in the US even if the mattress manufacturer itself wasn’t certified.

In addition to that … all the latex you are likely to encounter (Dunlop or Talalay made with either natural or synthetic rubber or a blend of both) will all have been certified by either Oeko-Tex or Eco-Institut for harmful substances and VOC’s (see post #2 here) and I would consider any type of latex to be a “safe” material as well.

The 6" Latex Reflection uses 6" of natural Dunlop latex on top of an 8" 2 lb polyfoam support core which are both high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress.

I’m not sure which size you are looking at or whether the price includes a foundation which would both make a difference in the purchase price but I would make some careful value comparisons because as you mentioned the same mattress may be available elsewhere for much less than $2000 (see post #3 here). If you do some google searching and call other retailers that carry it and they are selling it for less then you could use their prices as a reference point so hopefully you could negotiate a significantly lower price if you decide to purchase it locally.

Phoenix