Reverie, SleepEZ, Flobed - Focused in on 3 brands and looking for feedback

Hi wave,

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

As you are aware you are considering the products of there of our Trusted Members. I’ll step in to address some of your questions as SleepEZ’s Expert profile (where you started this thread) is not yet fully set up to take your questions, but I’ll do my best to provide you with the information you need to help narrow down your search for a suitable and long-lasting mattress. 

Overall … while they are a higher budget choice … they would certainly be well worth considering for those that believe they would benefit from a customizable DreamCell zoning system. Reverie has a good quality and unique product and even though you don’t find much customer feedback on a particular product it does not mean that there is there is something to be concerned about. While many types of consumer surveys or reviews can certainly be interesting, they can also be quite misleading because they take very broad based and non specific information that doesn’t take any details and specifics into account so you end up with “muddied averages”.……the most important thing is that you actually tested this product in person and that you had someone taking the time to help with the configuration until it felt right for you. If the construction you tried felt good, this is the most reliable indicator of the mattress matching your specific needs and preferences.

The next logical step in shopping for a mattress is of course to learn about the quality of the componentry which will tell you how long you will sleep well on this or any other mattress. Reverie uses quality and durable materials and with their unique dream cell and mattress customization they are reaching out to a larger audience by doing traveling sales shows in Costco stores throughout the country. Having a good return policy will give you the opportunity to try the product in your own home and if the construction that you tried in store needs adjustments, then on the Reverie website you will see some of their most popular dream cells rearrangements.

I am not sure which of the 6 mattresses they offer you tried, but most of their toppers use either natural Talalay or graphite infused latex of 14 ILD in combination with 4lb memory foam, all of which are good quality and durable materials. Gluing them together can make the comfort layer a little more “stable” and tighter so that they do not shift or bunch in the process of rearranging the dream cells underneath.

[quote] SleepEZ - seems to offer a affordable and good mattress and I’d likely go with the 10" king split. We like the idea of the ability to adjust the feel by moving around the layers. My question here is that my configuration of this mattress would be three 3" layers, firm, medium, and soft while most other latex beds I have experience with have a 6" base.
Should I have any concerns or is layering the 3 pieces together fine?
[/quote]

There is little to no practical difference between two 3" layer of the same ILD and one 6" core layer of the same ILD. In other words all rest being the same 3 x 3" layers will perform just as well as a 6"+3". The advantage of three 3" layers is of course higher customization which seems to be one of your important criteria. The SleepEZ mattress that you are considering has quality and durable componentry with a high level of customization and you can chose the firmness and the type of latex (Dunlop or Talalay) for each individual layer.

Depending of what you tried in a local store and if you are aiming to approximate a specific mattress or construction I would make sure to reach out and use the advice of SleepEZ as what you tested in the store might not “translate” into the same feel for a different mattress using similar materials and it doesn’t take into account that all the layers an mattress componentry work together and will affect its feel and performance. SleepEZ are extremely skilled at knowledgeable and will work with you at length to approximate the feel you are looking for to match your personal needs and preferences.

The vZone mattress is commonly used on top of a power foundation and there is no problem using a 12" thick latex mattress on top of an adjustable bed. This mattress is commonly used on a power foundation base and if you have any concerns you can speak directly with FloBeds, but I would personally have no concerns as 12" is a common mattress thickness used on a power base.

[quote]Lastly we will be purchasing adjustable bases for a split king configuration.
[/quote]

As for the power foundation, there is more information about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the main adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well (in post #6 in the main adjustable bed topic). Of course there are many other sources as well and prices can change on a regular basis so I would also include some internet searching in your research. I would also keep in mind that online advertised prices are often price controlled so make sure you call the stores you are considering to find out their best prices rather than just looking at websites.

I would consider all the major adjustable bed manufacturers to be closely comparable in terms of reliability so I would use price and feature comparisons to choose between them. Reverie is a site member here, which means that I do think highly of their adjustable beds.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding after you have a chance to reassess your options and perhaps reach out to each of your finalists.

Phoenix.