Review of the Seven Comforts latex topper

The 7C topper can ā€˜nestā€™ a bit I think. Itā€™s pretty much the nature of a shredded or loose filled topper I think. It shakes out really nice though so itā€™s not a big deal to me. Obviously my 7C is still going strong and I still really like it. <3

I thought I would post an update on Seven Comforts. Their domain name expired on May 5th, so their website is gone. :frowning: Some of their other products are still available on Amazon. Letā€™s keep an eye on developments to see if the topper re-appears on Amazon. Lew

Hi Lew,

Wow ā€¦ are you ever fast :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update. Iā€™m curious as well if they just forgot to renew their domain, if they plan to continue on Amazon, or if there is some ā€œotherā€ explanation for the expiry.

Iā€™ll keep an eye on them as well but itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve seen both king and queen sizes unavailable on Amazon.

Phoenix

Bad news ordered seven comforts never got the cover. I tried to contact them by email 4 times and got auto replies only. They do not have a phone number listed on their site. Iā€™m having to dispute my purchase with PayPal. I find the other latex cover (lanoodle) way to expensive 500 for the king. Any other thoughts.

Sorry to hear that youā€™re having to deal with a refund but PayPal is (normally) pretty straightforward about it. When I did my research (over a year ago), I only found 3 of the ā€œshredded latex toppersā€ and one of them was the 7 comforts. The other two were the LaNoodle that you mentioned and the FloBeds topper. The FloBeds version looks interesting since itā€™s customizable but it looks to be around the same price as the LaNoodle version.

Since many places sell shredded latex and even LaNoodles by the pound you might want to look into having a tailor or a upholstery shop do a custom cover and see if you can bring the costs down that way. I know that my king size 7 Comforts topper weighs about 40 lbs and you can check with Phoenix about the size and weight of his LaNoodle topper for comparison. I know there are differences between the 7C and the LaNoodle and Phoenix can fill in more blanks than I could for comparisons - Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s got both kinds.

Hi MikeK,

Thatā€™s really unfortunate although like Coventry I think you will have no problem with a refund from Paypal. I hope you let us know how it turns out. In the meantime Iā€™ve added a link to your post beside the description of the Seven Comforts in about a dozen posts around the forum that people may refer to so that others will know as well not to order it until (and if) their situation becomes clear.

Besides the Seven comforts ā€¦ post #2 here and the other posts it links to have guidelines, suggestions, and sources for toppers that may help.

My comments about the Lanoodles are in post #38 here. I donā€™t remember what it weighed and Iā€™ll have to see if we still have the shipping box with the label but I think it was around 15 lbs or so ā€¦ perhaps less.

Itā€™s certainly not as thick as the Seven comforts but the pieces or lanoodles are much larger and it has more of a featherbed feel to it so from a materials point of view it wouldnā€™t have the same ā€œmaterialā€ value but from a performance point of view it works very well.

I think that Coventryā€™s suggestion about buying the lanoodles by the pound and making your own topper with a cover that has either some kind of tufting or baffling is a good one. I think that with this design and the way the lanoodles are designed to ā€œflowā€ more like a featherbed that tufting (like their own design) would be a better choice.

Phoenix

Pulled up seven comforts website and they are offering a great discount on the king size topper. Check it out

Hi Jaqfrst,

I saw that but I believe thatā€™s where MikeK ordered from and didnā€™t receive it and is disputing his purchase through PayPal (which is why I linked many of the references to it around the forum to his post).

Phoenix

I unfortunately had the same issue as MikeK and did not receive the mattress topper from sevencomforts.com.

The company did not respond to two emails requesting a status update on my order. I placed a dispute with Pay-Pal and the company issued a refund on sevencomforts.com, but I have yet to see the money re-appear in Pay-Pal.

There is also an ā€œAdjustment Feeā€ of $6.93 shown on the refund which I will need to further dispute if I do not receive the full amount I paid for the hassle theyā€™ve caused me.

This is very disappointing given that the topper has good reviews, but it seems to be unobtainable.

Dallas - How long did you wait before you filed a claim?

I waited about a week and a half.

This may be a little reactionary, but after reading MikeKā€™s experience I got a little skeptical. I was further concerned as I paid for expedited (2 day) shipping and there was no evidence of the order being completed.

After two emails with no-response, and no phone number to contact the company, I decided it was not worth doing business on their site.

Hi to all of you,

This is really unfortunate ā€¦ and frustrating.

I hope you all continue to let us know your outcomes until this is all resolved.

I just canā€™t imagine what they are up to considering their site is still accepting orders and payments.

Phoenix

What size did you guys order? It currently says the queen is out of stock. Iā€™m wondering if the unfulfilled orders is an inventory issue, and theyā€™re just crappy at communication. Bummer, whatever the case.

My order was for the King Size, which was not listed as unavailable at the time I placed the order.

I was surprised that with expedited shipping, the order was not fulfilled in a day or two.

Interesting, it now says kings is out of stock. actually thereā€™s not even an option to order it now.

Thereā€™s actually no mattress pads at all on the website any longer. The section is still there, but nothing is listed in the section.

Donā€™t buy I had to get my credit card company involved.

For those that read this thread I would second MikeKā€™s suggestion (and Iā€™ve linked other posts around the forum that mention it to this thread).

@MikeK,

You mentioned in an earlier post that you were doing a PayPal dispute. Did they not refund your money?

Phoenix

Apologies for reviving an old thread on a no-longer-available productā€¦ is anyone aware of any currently available shredded latex toppers besides the ones being sold by CozyPure and FloBeds, or are they the only games in town? Unfortunately, the discontinued Seven Comforts topper with its square, latex noodle-filled ā€œpocketsā€ and overall heft seems most like what I am after, and was hoping to get something currently available with similar qualities. Thank you for any help in advance.

@TDFB - A quick search shows a couple of other shredded latex toppersā€¦
From The Futon Shop: 3" GOLS Organic Latex Topper (currently shown in limited sizes)
From Amazon:Naturepedic 3" Arpeggio Organic Shredded Latex Mattress Topper
I have no experience with such toppers, just trying to assist with your search. Hope it helps!

• Bill