Richmond, Virginia mattresses and CozyPure

All these manufacturers really need to fix their websites. I removed Cozypure from consideration because of the hours and there was no way I could take a day off of work just to go look at beds. Issues with the website was one of the reasons I decided against Selectfoam. When browsing through the websites of recommended manufacturers there were at least a couple that were so amateurish I assume they were done by an owners kid. I don’t think they understand how much business it costs them.

Hi gcrain,

I think that you will find that that it’s fairly common in the industry that “mattress people” often aren’t the best “marketing people” (and this is often true the other way around as well) and that they often don’t have the best websites. They are great if you take the time to talk with them on the phone though which is always a good idea anyway (even if they have a great website) and a more detailed phone conversation can be one of the most important parts of any successful online mattress purchase.

Phoenix

As others have posted, I too wish to thank TDI Hoo for his exquisite follow-up reviews; in addition to Phoenix for his amazing insight into the shark-tank mattress industry and laborious efforts moderating & maintaining such a colossal wealth of informative information which most people will never know.

My husband and I created a company that often brings us clients with certain sets of goals they are looking to achieve. Owning our own architecture firm presents us with new challenges (virtually) on a daily basis. The latest? A past client who hired us to design their new home now wants to hire us to select the “perfect” sleep-system. Ummmmm…can we say VERY personal preference and how in the world can we accomplish this task? The most I know about mattresses is that President’s, Memorial & Labor Days + July 4th = the best time to buy. Or, so I thought.

The client has spent an excessive amount of money…just in the past 5 years ($12,000+) on various mattresses, foundations etc.

Thanks to this website and geography (being that I am a Norfolk local), I believe Cozy Pure is going to deliver exactly what our client is looking for!

Again, so many thanks to all contributors!

All my best,

-Christopher

Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m glad that the forum was useful to you as you research to assist your client. As you’re already aware, Cozy Pure is a member here of the site and I think very highly of them and Cheryl.

I’ll be interested in learning what you decide to acquire for your client, should you be able to share this.

Phoenix

4 and 1/2 year update:

The mattress itself has held up beautifully. No impressions whatsoever. We try to rotate 180 degrees every year, but it takes 3 or 4 of us. The mattress is just that heavy. Weight and rotating the mattress are the only downside. Pillows and pillow covers and the mattress cover all look new. I wish sheets would hold up so well. Our whole family still loves our LaNoodle pillows. And now Cozypure has 2 new “models.” The original is great, so I can’t imagine what the newer, plusher ones are like. We generally “shake” and redistribute the noodles in the LaNoodle toppers every few months. The fabric has held up very well.

We had our bedroom carpet replaced, and since the bed frame had to be moved, I had the chance to tighten up the bolts, some of which began to squeak every now and then. I also noticed that some of the slats have bowed under the weight of mattress and foundation, but I don’t think that’s going to be a problem.

Again, our set up is just the right combo of support and plushness. I have not been to the newer Cozypure factory/showroom, but we have sent family and friends down that way, and there is nothing like a visit in person to try out their products. I am not affiliated with Cozypure in any way.

I do like to check in here every now and then to learn a few things from the forum and Phoenix.

Never underestimate the value of a good night’s sleep. See you guys around. :slight_smile: :silly:

Hi TDI Hoo,

Thanks once again for another update! I’m happy your Cozy Pure is still performing well for you, as well as the topper and pillows.:cheer:

Keep checking back - your contributions are always appreciated,

Phoenix

Update after more than 8 1/2 years. We purchased in the fall of 2012.

Entire sleep system is like new. The mattress, box springs, pillows, La Noodle toppers, mattress and pillow covers, all are just fantastic. We rotate the mattress once a year. We fluff the La Noodle toppers every now and then. The latex layers look new. There is no indentation. No reason this setup should not last at least 20 years. I still think the La Noodle pillows are the best. Also like new. We sent our daughter off to college with a La Noodle topper. Fantastic quality, comfort, and longevity.

Hey TDI Hoo,

Welcome back to the forum :slight_smile: ! Nice to hear from you again!

[quote]Update after more than 8 1/2 years. We purchased in the fall of 2012.

Entire sleep system is like new. The mattress, box springs, pillows, La Noodle toppers, mattress and pillow covers, all are just fantastic. We rotate the mattress once a year. We fluff the La Noodle toppers every now and then. The latex layers look new. There is no indentation. No reason this setup should not last at least 20 years. I still think the La Noodle pillows are the best. Also like new. We sent our daughter off to college with a La Noodle topper. Fantastic quality, comfort, and longevity.
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing an 8 1/2 year update on your mattress system by expert trusted member CozyPure :slight_smile: . Great to hear that all components continue to serve you well and that your regular maintenance is keeping everything in good condition. Cool too that you’re sharing the love with your daughter; she should enjoy her La Noodle topper for many years to come as well. Please continue with the periodic updates TDI so that other consumers can learn from your experience and thanks again for sharing :wink: .

Sensei

Here we are, 10+ years after purchase, and the CozyPure mattress and La Noodle and pillows are still like new. We like it so much, my wife is visiting the factory in Norfolk today to get another mattress for our new vacation home. Will update on changes to the process of testing out mattresses and ordering. They have our information on what we ordered back in 2012 and will try to match it with the newer layer system.

1 Like

Hi TDI_Hoo.

Welcome back all the way from 2010+! :slight_smile: A heart felt Thank You for your new update and heads up.

I am delighted to learn that your “CozyPure mattress and La Noodle pillows are still like new” and that you “like them so much” after more than a decade.

Congratulations on your diligent research and the good choices you made in terms of narrowing your choices to a quality product from a trusted company.
you most likely are aware that CozyPure is both a Trusted member of our site and a TMU mattress expert with their own dedicated forum. We think very highly of them and based on the high level of success they’ve had with not only offering high-quality, organic, and safe products at a very good price point but also with successfully matching a mattress or custom construction with the sleeper(s) I believe they compete well with among the best in the industry. So I’d make sure to consult with Hans or Cheryl (CEO & Founder) when deciding on the balance of support-comfort for your particular needs.

As you already found out… education and connecting with a trusted manufacturer that has your best interests at heart are key to a successful mattress purchase.

Please keep us appraised of your progress with your new mattress and updates on the current (10+years old) sleeping system
Phoenix

Hans is still there, too, 10 years later. My wife did not see Cheryl. She spoke with Susan and Hans. We are deciding between a 2 layer or 3 layer. Current mattress is 3 layer. My wife could not tell much difference between them in the showroom. Prices are lower than they were 10 years ago for mattresses, too. The La Noodle design is greatly improved. Will post in the dedicated CozyPure forum when all arrives. We need a platform frame, and the lead time is 5-6 weeks for that. No hurry. The new location in downtown Norfolk is not as scenic as the old location on the bay.

We ordered a new mattress and platform bed. Will update in the new CozyPure forum in 6 weeks or so. Thanks for the 5% TMU discount on the mattress and the bed and upgrade to free queen size pillows! I have extra LaNoodles in my current pillow, but they don’t offer that variable fill anymore. However, the new pillows have a zipper, so you can add/purchase more noodles if you want a plumper pillow.

Hi TDI_Hoo.

Congratulations on your new mattress from CozyPure! One of our valued Trusted Members of our site :smile:

Glad to hear you took advantage of the discount they offer to TMU-referred consumers. As you know I think highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the mattress inddustry ms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. As you already found out the company owner is very dedicated to improving their beds and offerings and giving real quality and value to their customers. All of their mattresses use high-quality and long-lasting materials that maintain their prime properties over the years.

I look forward to your 6 weeks update when you have a chance.
Phoenix

1 Like

This is so awesome to hear, I just bought a king @CozyPure last night! Upgrading a 26 year old mattress(yikes) I wish I could have purchased the hotel set but, I ended up getting the Cush 9 inch model and the lanoodle topper. This is a long awaited upgrade. Very excited for our new bed! edited to add i just emailed them to get the bigger 10 inch model.

2 Likes