Rocky Mountain Rendezvous or Select Foam Regalis

Hello All - We’ve spent quit a bit of time trying out mattresses in the local box stores (Maryland) and reading posts on this forum. The Tempurpedic Rhapsody is our preferred “feel” but we do not plan to spend that kind of money. After speaking with Rocky Mountain and Select Foam they suggested their Rendezvous and Regalis models as similar mattresses to the Rhapsody. We have read many posts on the Regalis but have not found much on the Rendezvous. We were wondering if anyone could give us some pros/cons of these two mattresses and how similar they each will be to the Rhapsody. We are both side sleepers. I weight 175lbs and she is 135lbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi diverellis,

Post #9 here has more information about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another.

The Rendevous has a different design than a “traditional” memory foam mattress so it would be more of a match based on perceived softness/firmness and level of support rather than having a similar “feel” to the Rhapsody because the top supersoft layer is a more resilient material than memory foam and it also has different materials and layering. The Regalis is more of a match in terms of design and with similar layering and would also have similar softness/firmness levels but it will also be a little different “feel” because the memory foam has different characteristics than the memory foam in the Rhapsody. Both use very good quality materials and are good value but they will be different from each other as well. If you tested the Rhapsody carefully and objectively for PPP then the odds are good that they will both be a suitable choice even though they will be different from each other. Neither of these mattresses have any obvious “weak links” in their design and construction.

When you are down to final choices between “good and good” … then it’s important to make sure that you have made some good comparisons between all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you. Neither of them would be a mistake in terms of quality or value but your confidence that they will be suitable for your specific needs and preferences based on the conversations you have had with each and the recourse you have after a purchase may all be important considerations that can help you decide which is the best “value” for you.

Phoenix

Thanks for the quick reply Phoenix. Based on my readings and limited knowledge both mattresses seem like they will be a good fit for us. Both companies have a 90 day trial period for returns but the rendezvous is not free shipping on returns if unsatisfied while the regalis is free. I have read many posts of mixed satisfaction regarding Select Foams customer service but have found none on Rocky Mountain.

I know you try to stay impartial but if both mattresses will work for us does then it comes down to advice from folks like yourself and the threads i’ve read here and other places. It’s a tough call since i’ve read little to nothing on rocky mountain and mixed reviews on Select Foam.

Thoughts?

Hi diverellis,

Both of them are members here which means I think very highly of their products and their customer service.

Rocky Mountain has always provided high quality service to their and have always had great good feedback over the years here and elsewhere. A forum search on Rocky Mountain will bring up many posts that mention them although a lot of them are questions about their mattresses.

You can read more about some of the issues that Select Foam experienced for a short time in post #2 here and the posts it links to but all the recent forum feedback indicates that these are resolved and in the past and the recent feedback has been very good (and the owner has left customer service to his staff :))

I personally wouldn’t hesitate to make a purchase from either of them (or any of the members here for that matter) as long as they meet your personal value equation.

Final choices are always difficult but you are in a much better position than the majority of consumers who often end up making final choices between “not so good and worse”.

Phoenix

Phoenix - Some of the other posts have referred to a standard $250 discount on the Regalis along with the 5% mattress underground discount. What is the $250 discount?

Hi diverellis,

See my reply in post #6 here. All the members of the site provide either a 5% discount or a product bonus when a member of the forum purchases a mattress (on the mattress only) which is available by telling them you are a member here.

Phoenix