Roma Mattress

I need a mattress for a guest bedroom. I may actually be sleeping on it some, or maybe a lot, depending on my husband’s snoring. My daughter will be using it when she visits. I may be over-thinking this, but I want a bed that will be comfortable, regardless of how often it’s used, but do not want to over-spend, and since I may be sleeping on it some, I might as well get what is comfortable to me. I sleep on my stomach and have always preferred a firm mattress, but do need adequate cushioning on the top due to pressure point problems.

I had planned to get a Sleep EZ Roma, but if I understand correctly, all latex would be a heavier mattress than a hybrid. Also, I think I read somewhere in this forum that a hybrid mattress would sleep cooler than an all latex. So, I was going to do a DYI mattress using the combi-pocketed coils, 3" of firm Dunlop latex and 3" soft Dunlop latex components from Arizona Premium Mattress. When I saw that it would cost $100 shipping to get the coils, I decided to abandon that idea. I am back to the Roma again.

My question: would a hybrid mattress as I described be significantly cooler than the Roma? Also, about how much more would a Roma weigh than the DYI hybrid? (There is only 6" of latex in the Roma.).

Hello and thanks for the inquiry! You made an excellent choice with the Roma, it’s an outstanding value and it actually has our lowest return rate. As a stomach sleeper you’d probably do better on the firm side (we call it a “firm plush” because of the contour layer), but feel free to try both to see which one suits you better. The queen Roma is only about 10 pounds heavier than a coil and latex hybrid, and we’ve found that latex mattresses sleep just as cool as latex and innerspring hybrids because of the inherent breathability of latex. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. You’ve answered my questions and I feel more comfortable that I have made a good decision. I think I’ll go ahead and order the Roma

That’s excellent news! Well thank you so much for choosing Sleep EZ, and if there’s anything else we can do for you please don’t hesitate to ask, we’re open 7 days a week and we’re always happy to help!