Room and Board Encased Coil Natural Mattress

Hello!

I have tried a number of mattresses and I have found the Encased Coil Natural Mattress from RoomandBoard to be comfortable.

Size is California King. Product details are here.

Construction features are as follows:

1086 encased coils
14-1/2 gauge tensile steel coils
Layers of organic cotton and pure New Zealand wool
100% natural latex foam cushioning layer

I will be using this on a platform bed from Room and Board (no box spring).

What do you think of this mattress? Does it seem reasonably well constructed given its $2,099 price tag?

Hi mistercrabby,

This Roomandboard mattress uses good quality materials, has 3" of 100% natural Dunlop latex with a wool cotton ticking/quilting, and has a good coil count. The only thing I don’t know (and they also didn’t know when I called them) is the density of the polyfoam encasement which could give an indication about how fast it may soften if you tend to sit on the edges of your mattress.

Overall though … based on more objective considerations and not on any subjective or intangible factors or on how well it meets your needs and preferences I would say it is better than average or “reasonable” value yes (but not “best” value). It is certainly better than most major brand mattresses or mattresses sold in most mass market outlets or chain stores which rarely reach a “reasonable” value level IMO. Outside of the foam encasement … it also has no polyfoam in the upper layers so it doesn’t have any obvious weak links.

If you have tested this for PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences) then depending on your city or area and what else is available locally … it could well be one of the better local values and I would certainly consider it :).

Phoenix