Rotate Boxspring/Foundation

Hi Phoenix,
I’m back…the one that bought the Regal ViSpring mattress in 2015?
My last concern was experiencing lower back and hip pain and thought it was the mattress itself.
Nope…I have been trying out 3 different ViSpring toppers. They are so well made in workmanship and material. They are a work of art as are the mattress and box spring. I am looking into a thicker softer wool topper and been reading your articles about them.

My question for today is this;
Is it helpful and necessary to rotate the box spring at the time the mattress is rotated and flipped?
I rotate and flip the mattress every 3 to 4 months.
Should the box spring also be rotated?

thank you.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hi Maxie,

[quote]My question for today is this;
Is it helpful and necessary to rotate the box spring at the time the mattress is rotated and flipped?
I rotate and flip the mattress every 3 to 4 months.
Should the box spring also be rotated?[/quote]
While it isn’t mentioned on the ViSpring mattress care page, I’ve always found it useful to rotate any “active” boxspring/torsion system at least once a year. You mentioned previously that Urban Mattress was coming out three times a year to rotate your mattress, so see if they will rotate your box spring the next time.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well!

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for the quick answer.
Had the mattress flipped and rotated the box spring.
I am grateful this topic to rotate the box spring was address. I didn’t know it should be rotated.

Vi Spring toppers and each of the three have different firmness and thicknesses.
Heaven @ 2"
Heaven Luxury @ 2 1/2 "
Heaven Luxury Supreme @ 3".

I need to find a topper for comfort and eliminate the pressure points on my hips, lower back, buttock and knees. I’m constantly tossing and turning during the night to shift pressure points in these areas and waking up exhausted.
I am only 5’ 1" and weight 129 (loosing more pounds).

Tried the Vi Spring topper Heaven Luxury Supreme. I think the horse tail in it makes the topper too firm for me.

Will keep you updated on the other two Vi Spring toppers and hoping one of them will work out.

Any suggestion or advise is welcome here!
Sincerely,
Maxie

Hi Maxie,

While I personally don’t have any experience with these toppers, it would make sense that if the Heaven Luxury Supreme was too firm for you that you may wish to try the Heaven Luxury (no horsehair) next. I would definitely take the time as you mentioned you are going to do and try these out in the Vi Spring showroom on top of the closest mattress they have to your Regal. I would also use the advice and suggestions of your retailer, as they would be best experienced with their Vi Spring toppers and which ones might work the best with you and your mattress to your best benefit.

Keep us updated.

Phoenix