saatva luxury firm

I bought this mattress before finding this site. It’s way too soft. My physical therapist suggested a latex topper on a firm mattress. My husband thinks I should just get the firmer Saatva. Any thoughts on this mattress? My back has been aching since I started using it.I live in RI. Can,t find quality mattresses.

Spinalfusion. I’m sorry to hear of your bad luck with the Saatva. Their mattresses have been discussed in several threads here, so I found a link to one of them for you. Don’t delay getting it returned as they can be pretty strict about the trial time.

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/saatva-mattress-review-and-analysis

Good luck in your search. Lew

Hi spinalfusion,

You can see some of my thoughts about Saatva in this thread.

Post #1 here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible mattress choices and is the place I would start.

I’m not sure where you are in Rhode Island but as you mention there are not a lot of great options there. Most of the better options I’m aware of would probably be included in the Boston list in post #2 here or in the Connecticut lists in post #2and #4 here.

If you let me know your specific city or zip I’d be happy to take a look to see if there may be any reasonable options or possibilities closer to where you are.

Phoenix

PS: I see that Lew already linked the Saatva thread while I was writing this … thanks Lew :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help. Wonderful site. I’ve been reading the forums. I never thought this was going to be so difficulty. My zip is 02814.

Thanks Lew. Called them this morning. Hopefully it will be gone soon.

Hi. I can say nothing bad about Saatva customer service. I asked them to remove the mattress on Sunday and they were here on Wednesday. They were always polite and professional. I lost the $100.00 delivery fee. However, I got a message this morning that had been left last night and they were trying to offer me some type of compensation because it took three days to pick up. I didn’t want to keep the mattress. So, I didn’t call back. It just wasn’t a good match for me and their mattress, but they seen to be a very reputable company. I had to have a neighbor let them in and they called her right before delivery. Still looking and now sleeping on the couch. Will try Worley in New Bedford on Friday. They told me that they could get it here as soon as I needed it. We’ll see. Thanks for the help.

That is good news. Who picked it up? I thought they were internet sales only. Lew

Hi spinalfusion,

I’ll echo Lew’s thoughts that that’s good news and it seems that their customer service is also very good even though their mattresses aren’t the best quality/value.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your experiences at Worley.

Phoenix

I just typed a long post and when I went to send it I lost it. Worley went great. They’re delivering tomorrow. I’ll try again after I’ve slept on it.

Hi spinalfusion,

I’m looking forward to your report!

Sometimes with forum software if you lose your internet connection briefly the session times out and then if you click “submit” the post is lost.

Over many years posting on forums (here and elsewhere) … I have learned that it’s a good idea to make sure that you highlight and copy a forum post before clicking submit just in case. I can’t even count how many hours I’ve lost with writing forum posts over the years … and the worst part is that it always seems to happen with the posts that take the longest (which of course makes sense because it makes a timeout more likely). I certainly have shared your frustration when this happens … and it still happens from time to time when I forget to copy a post first and I get “caught” :dry:

Congratulations on your new mattress … I glad to see (but not surprised because I know they are good people) that you had a good experience at Worleys :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Sorry to take so long. Patrick Worley was wonderful. He spent 1.5 hours with me taking me from one mattress to the next until we found one that worked. He said it was tough trying to accommodate degenerative arthritis of the spine with comfort. I think he did a great job. I’m sleeping much better. Still have back pain, but that’s not the fault of the mattress. The specs he wrote for you are:
Two sided Talalay mattress firm with custom fitted, temp regulating pillow top. Pillow top is removable with a washable cover. Support = 361LD Ptop: 15-19 1LD comfort = 15 1ld. Don’t know what it means, but it’s comfortable. Saatva wasn’t a big problem. Took the mattress in three days with a company they use. I lost my $100.00 delivery fee. They were a good company to deal with. The mattress just wasn’t a good match. Thanks for your help all.

Hi spinalfusion,

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Your mattress certainly has good quality materials (Talalay latex) and has the added durability benefit of being two sided.

It looks to me like it is a combination of firm support with much softer comfort layers for the pressure relief you need (what I would call a “differential” construction). It’s also great to see the type of service that is offered by small independent manufacturers like Patrick at Worley. Some “real” help from someone that is knowledgeable and experienced can really make a difference.

I’m glad the new mattress is helping you with your back pain and perhaps over time as your spine has a chance to regularly decompress and rehydrate as you sleep it will hopefully get a little better yet.

Thanks again.

Phoenix