Saatva mattress review and analysis

Hi Phoenix. I have tried multiple times to copy/paste the saavata email showing the charges and what those were for, but each time my post was deleted when I pressed submit. On the actual email it gives specifics like my name, acct #'s so I was going thru the email taking those out. I worked at it unsuccessfully and finally just gave up. I will try one more time to show just the amts and the reason for the charge. It has an odd wording to it…not sure how to phrase it here.

here goes:

Saatva, Inc: Order #xxxx has been processed

Saatva, Inc

Jan 14

Dear xxx,

Your order has been successfully processed. We look forward to making you another happy Saatva customer. You will receive a phone call within two business days from the date of your purchase to review your order and discuss our delivery process. Please click here to see our delivery day instructions. Thank you.

Important

Please review your order to be sure that the heights you have chosen are correct for your needs. Please do not rely on visual thoughts but also use a tape measure to measure your existing bed and/or the different heights we offer. If there is an error in heights, we incur a substantial loss as your original Saatva mattress or foundation that we take back cannot be re-sold. Please help us to protect our unprecedented friendly policies. We extend the courtesy to do any exchange for $95 plus your original delivery charge, which only offsets a small part of our loss. We strive for a smooth transaction and once again, we ask that you are sure of your mattress and/or foundation heights.

Thanks so much for your business!

Invoice:

Saatva, Inc INVOICE

Saatva, Inc

United States
Web site: http://saatvamattress.com/
E-mail: [email protected]

Order #xxx

Date: 01/14/2015, 18:14
Payment method: Credit Card
Shipping method: Please allow us 14 to 21 days to manufacture, deliver and set up in your home.

Customer:

xxx xxx

xxx@xxx

Bill to:

xxx xxx

xxx xxx

xxx xxx

United States

Ship to:

xxx xxx

xxx xxx

xxx xxxx

United States

Primary Phone: xxx

Secondary Phone: -

Product

Quantity

Subtotal

Plush Soft
Comfort Level: Plush Soft 1 -
King Size 14½" Premier Luxury Mattress
Code: kmatt2
1 $350.00

Subtotal: $350.00
In home delivery: $149.00

Total cost: $499.00

Notes:
Dear Mrs. xxx,

It was truly a pleasure speaking with you. If you have any further requests or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

We wish you many nights of great sleep on your new Saatva.

Delivery Team: Please contact Mrs. xxx upon delivery. Thank you

*** Fairness Replacement Option**

sss sss
Saatva Team Member
xxx-xxx-xxxx

I have deleted my comments on this post.

Hi riley,

Thanks for the additional information.

According to their website their “fairness replacement option” is described as …

According to this there isn’t supposed to be a charge for a defective mattress in the first two years.

Did they agree that your mattress was defective or was this some kind of “non warranty” replacement that you agreed to (assuming that you did)?

Phoenix

I have deleted my comments on this post.

Hi riley,

[quote]Hi Phoenix. No I was given no other option other than pay the extra money, get a new mattress and they told me even while I was still on the phone they would not charge me for shipping…but you saw on the email receipt where $149 was applied to my CC. At this point I don’t think I have many options as getting any money back.

Yes the mattress was defective as it did not stand up to normal use for even 5months. It was sagging on each side at barely 2months of use. I have no idea about how they worded anything to me on the telephone, other than telling me this is the best they would do. I was given the option of a little bit of money back & keep the bad mattress or pay the extra chgs and they would send me a new one.[/quote]

There is a specific criteria for a defective mattress which is that the visible impressions are measured to be more than the warranty exclusion (which in their case is 1.5" which is fairly standard in the industry). If the visible impressions are less than this (based on an actual measurement) then your mattress wouldn’t be considered to be defective. If your visible impressions are more than this then it would be considered to be defective. This is a “standard” industry warranty that would apply to almost all manufacturers in the industry (see post #174 here about mattress warranties).

If you believe that your mattress is defective (the visible impressions are more than 1.5") then I would ask them about a warranty replacement since according to the information on their site there would be no charge if your mattress was defective in the first two years. The “worst case” would be that the visible impressions weren’t deep enough to qualify as a warranty issue.

If you have something in writing about not being charged for shipping then you also have the option of disputing the credit card charge as well. Their “normal” exchange costs are $95 per piece plus shipping although this would normally apply if you were exchanging a mattress inside their trial period and after that your only option would normally be a warranty exchange unless they make an exception which may be what is happening in your case. Either way if I was in your shoes I would want clarity about why the charges are different from what is on their website.

Phoenix

Hello to all those who seek a good night’s rest.

The matter of this mattress made by Saatva has been taken care of to mine and my husband’s satisfaction.

My husband & myself have not been coerced nor cajoled into posting anything against our own beliefs or standards of conduct.

I received a phone call from the owner of Saatva mattress company today. After speaking with Ed Brians about my concerns and the need for quality sleep, we were able to establish an appropriate agreement as to how this matter shall be taken care of.

The mattress situation has been resolved to our satisfaction and has served as a learning opportunity for all of us.

Yes I would recommend this mattress to others because the owner is clearly involved in the spirit of good will and doing right by others.

With that said, I just wanted to give an update to others that the Saatva mattress company does indeed stand behind their warranty of the mattresses they produce and deliver. Everything has been made right in my eyes.

Thanks for the help to Phoenix and Thank You Ed Brians for the call.

Yes I would purchase another bed from Saatva because they do care about how well a person sleeps on the Saatva mattress.

100% certain the reason why Saatva contacted you was because of your posts here.

The last thing they want is negative publicity on the Internet. They take great care to make certain that Internet reviews are leaning in their favor. Many of us are skeptical about some of the very outlandishly favorable reviews that appear to be posted by Saatva themselves.

That being said, I applaud Saatva for contacting you and making this situation right.

Hi riley,

Are you able to post what the terms of your agreement ended up being and how it was different from the specifics that you posted earlier so that others can benefit from your experience or did you need to agree not to disclose any specifics in order for them to resolve your situation?

The wording of your last post seems to be very carefully crafted and “guarded” and somewhat “coached”

Having said that and regardless of whether you are able to let us know any further details … I’m also glad that you were able to resolve your situation to your satisfaction.

Phoenix

Amazing. Did I call it or what?? Read my post above!!!

And Phoenix, I think you meant the text was written for her. She was told to copy and paste it or she would get no refund.

The delete of all the posts is new though. It just proves that Saatva is a sleaze bag company and people should stay away.

Glad this site is here for people to go after this scum.

Thank you WallyW for your support.

The Saatva mattress company owner was very kind and understanding. I really do not feel comfortable posting any details.

The warranty does apply and all is well.

The world did not spin off the tracks, the sun came out this morning, so for that I am grateful.

[quote=“Phoenix” post=48467]Hi riley,

Are you able to post what the terms of your agreement ended up being and how it was different from the specifics that you posted earlier so that others can benefit from your experience or did you need to agree not to disclose any specifics in order for them to resolve your situation?

The wording of your last post seems to be very carefully crafted and “guarded” and somewhat “coached”

Having said that and regardless of whether you are able to let us know any further details … I’m also glad that you were able to resolve your situation to your satisfaction.

Phoenix[/quote]

Hello Phoenix.

I agreed to nothing short of what the warranty states.

As for my writing style, I am a Nursing Professor and professional writer (death & dying) so even though I may appear to be someone’s little ol’ granny, in reality, I just write as I see it. My post was not intended to appear “guarded” or “coached”.

Thank you for your interest and also in your help. It is much appreciated.

Holy, freaking, cow! No matter how many times I see the “My Saatva Mattress sucks, they’re not honoring their replacement policy, the company is giving me the runaround, I’m being charged extra, etc.” turn into “it really is all my fault, this has been a learning experience for all of us, the world is slow but the ox is patient, etc.” it never ceases to amaze me. I’ll say it again because it’s all I can say: Holy, freaking, cow! Good thing this company doesn’t sell Kool-Aid.

hahaha jdice, “it’s all my fault” It turns out I really don’t know how to lie in a bed properly. The sun came out today. The family pet is now hogging up the bed because he love our Sleeeezva Mattress so much!!

deleted

Hi itsbillhill,

There was another poster here (poppanaldo) that also had a similar experience and also deleted some of their posts here and here and here.

Just as a caution as well I would ask you to be a little careful about making somewhat sarcastic comments that are “on the edge” of being personal about other members so that others with similar experiences will feel welcome to share them without feeling like they could become a “target” for other members. While I can certainly understand and share the skepticism with such a sudden change in tone, their unwillingness to provide the specific details of their “settlement”, and the fact that they deleted some of their more “negative” posts along with the content of some of their other comments … I would rather let their posts and actions speak for themselves so that others who read it can make up their own mind and would prefer to avoid posts that are are overly confrontational or aggressive.

Phoenix

Phoenix, I read you loud and clear. This thread keeps getting better and better.

It seems to me people have no choice but to post here if they want any type of equitable resolution from their terrible experience with Saatva. Plus, people are required to remove their posts to get their money back, so the only thing left is the response of others who are bringing attention to this highly questionable tactic. Once it’s whitewashed by the Saatva Spin Machine, how would anyone even know that a dialog took place, sarcastic or otherwise? This whole situation is just plain creepy.

Hi jdicecco,

I have no problem with what people post here as long as the posts are “targeted” at the post content and not at the person and don’t cross any lines into becoming a personal attack and turning the topic into a flame war (which are against the rules of the forum).

My role as a moderator is to use “best judgement” to make sure that the content here doesn’t cross any lines or to add a “caution” when the content of a topic starts to approach them.

This certainly doesn’t prevent anyone from making the points they are trying to make … it’s just a matter of “how” they are made.

Phoenix

Deleted

I like the idea of the Serta Vantage.

I think that will be my next mattress.

Did a quick search, and it doesn’t seem to cost any more than a Saatva, if ordered directly from Serta.