Saatva vs.Stearns and Foster Luxury Cushion Firm Edie

I have a VERY old mattress and an aching back. We were ready to purchase a Stearns and Foster Luxury Cushion Firm (Edie) bed, then I came across Saatva with such great reviews.

Does anybody have an opinion?
Thanks.

Hi rr1,

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and value.

I would also be very cautious about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on either in terms of suitability or durability (see post #13 here).

I would avoid all of the major brands such as Stearns & Foster along with any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the quality and durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here).

You can also read more about Saatva in post #1 here and a forum search on Saatva (you can just click the link) will bring up more information, comments, and feedback about them as well. While they would generally be a “better than average” choice compared to most mainstream manufacturers … for most of the members here they wouldn’t be in the “best value” range compared to many of the other options that are available (either locally or online).’

The tutorial post includes several links to lists of the better online options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better local options or possibilities I’m aware of as well.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. I did read your suggestions, but I don’t want to spend more than say $1,300 TOPS and I’m finding this all overwhelming. I live in Maryland and my zip code is 21136.
There are so many gimmicks and catches with a lot of these companies.
Thank you.

Hi rr1,

The information on the site and in the tutorial will help you avoid most of the gimmicks and misleading information that is so common in the industry and of course you are always welcome to post any questions you may have along the way as well.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Baltimore area (subject to the quality/value guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix