Saatva

What is the opinion of the Saatva luxury hybrid mattress?

Hi Molly!

Welcome to our Mattress Forum :slight_smile:

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … I would make sure you’ve read the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and avoid the worst ones.

To start with, see the mattress shopping guidelines here … make sure to avoid major brands or any mattress that don’t disclose the quality of the materials inside them because there is no way to identify any weak links in a mattress or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. (In most cases, the major brands use some low-quality materials in the upper layers of their mattresses that make them a risky choice in terms of durability and the useful life of the mattress). Saatva, on the other hand, provides all the information you need to make an informed choice in terms of the quality/durability of their materials. You can read a detailed analysis of Saatva mattress thread and a forum search on Saatva (you can just click this) will bring up more posts and feedback about them as well. I would certainly consider them among the better quality/value choices than most other major brand mattresses. Of course, the quality of the materials has little to do with how a mattress feels because you can’t “feel” the quality of the materials and lower quality materials can feel the same as higher quality more durable materials … at least for a little while.

Aside from the quality considerations, I’d keep in mind that there are many variables, unknowns, and individual preferences that you’d need to look at in terms of your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 ) including that there is no “comfort standard” in the industry. This is to say that you’d need to put together some puzzle pieces that only you have.

The tutorial post linked above will give you the steps and guidelines and more links to follow on how to find a suitable mattress.
Good luck!

Phoenix