Savvyrest mimic trouble shooting

Hi! Recently I made a mattress with 3, 3 inch layers of Dunlop firm over medium over soft using sleeponlatex foam and a flobeds cover all over coconut coir and platform bed (see my video here! https://youtu.be/HJAPSXGgu78?si=sXjqeW6s3o6X7kVS

It has been one week. My lower back pain is better than old mattress but it’s still there in the morning, I think there’s still a small spine misalignment issue /sag. A little better if I use a shorter pillow behind my neck and if I avoid a pillow between knees. Pressure relief not a problem. I’m 6-2 and 190 side sleeper.

Questions: Do I wait it out some more? I could easily switch out the medium middle layer for another firm. Any other ideas?

1 Like

Hi Again,
If you notice a gradual reduction in pain over time, it is advisable to allow the process to unfold. Ensure that your pillow loft is suitable for your sleeping position and that your body is properly aligned from head to neck and back. Transitioning between different mattress styles, firmness levels, or materials may initially cause discomfort or pain, even if the overall situation is improving. The choice of pillow material and fill is crucial in this context, so exercise patience and allow some time for the adjustments to take effect.

You did a nice job on the video and your logical thought process constructing the mattress, dont underestimate you instincts.

Maverick

1 Like