Scott Jordan Furniture in NYC - Berkeley Ergonomics mattresses - anyone?

Shopping around for a latex mattress. Discovered that all latex or latex + coils feels the same to me.

Went to this place today – www.scottjordan.com/

Really with it salespeople, steered me towards this mattress – http://scottjordan.com/alpine-1/

Exchangeable top layers within 45 days, white glove delivery service for $65. Will make one for me in two days - am very pregnant and can’t sleep. Queen size with tax and delivery - $1780.

Your thoughts everyone?

Thanks so much,

Hi OPILOVA,

I think highly of the staff at Scott Jordan and they are certainly knowledgeable and experienced and give good guidance to their customers and they are among the better options in the New York area. A forum search on Scott Jordan (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments and feedback about them.

Berkeley Ergonomics makes very high quality mattresses and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in any of them so from a durability perspective they are also a very good choice. There are many forum members that have purchased one of their mattresses and are very happy with it and a forum search on Berkeley Ergonomics (you can just click this link as well) will also bring up many more comments and feedback about them as well. NOTE ADDED: They are now a member of this site as well.

There is more about the most important parts of the value of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but if you are confident that it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (and as you mentioned you also have good options after a purchase if you need to do any fine tuning) and it also compares well to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are important to you then it would certainly make a good quality and value choice IMO.

Phoenix