Sealy Hybrid."Majesty"

I would love opinions on this mattress if anyone has any. Thanks

Hi Stonesfan49,

A mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it. Unfortunately Sealy doesn’t normally provide the information you (or I) would need to make meaningful assessments of their mattresses or to make any meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. They also tend to use lower quality/durability materials in their mattresses than many of the smaller manufacturers around the country.

Before you consider any major brand … I would start your research with the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible mattress choice … and avoid the worst ones (which generally includes any of the major brands or any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the specific quality of all the materials and layers in the mattress).

As an example … the information here about the Majesty Hybrid doesn’t include any meaningful specs or information. The basic information you would need from your retailer to assess any mattress would be the type and thickness of all the layers and components from the top to the bottom (making sure they add up to the thickness of the mattress), the density of any polyfoam or memory foam layers, and the type and blend of any latex layers. Some basic information about any innersprings in a mattress including the type of innerspring, the coil gauge, and the coil count along with the materials used in the cover would also be helpful.

Without this information (especially the foam densities) you would be making a completely blind purchase.

Phoenix