Sealy Viscaria King [email protected]

Hi
I know I am using the S word but how about a spec. review on this mattress, on paper I think it looks pretty good and if one was to get a warranty replacement on another mattress would this be a good option, and if not what mattress in there lineup would be?
Thank you

Hi jege41,

To do this you would first need to find out all the specs which they don’t list and Sealy likely won’t give you. My comments and the questions I would need answered to make any meaningful assessment of the mattress includes …

PROBACK™ CoreSupport™:

12.7 cm (5-in.) soy-based density foam core: What is the density of this layer?
5.1 cm (2-in.) PROBACK™ CoreSupport ultra firm latex: Could be the Talalay that they mention but I would want to know for sure
PROBACK™ CoreSupport mesh: This is fine

Comfort quilt layers:
3.8 cm (1.5-in.) Supersoft™ StayTrue™ convoluted foam: What is the density of this layer? Convoluted is less durable.
1.3 cm (0.5-in.) Supersoft™ StayTrue™ foam: What is the density of this layer?

Deep down comfort layers:

7.6 cm (3-in.) firm Smart Latex™: This is the lowest quality/cost of latex (mostly synthetic Dunlop)
5.1 cm (2-in.) Supersoft™ soy-based high density foam: What is the density of this layer?

Overall there is too much polyfoam in the quilt layers not to mention the unknown quality/density of the rest of the polyfoam in the mattress along with their primary use of the lowest quality of latex for me to consider this as a realistic option. You would be making a blind purchase with mostly polyfoam and lower quality latex for the most part and paying more than it is worth IMO

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
Off the list!
Thank you