Searching for split cal-king!

We are on the 3rd bed in three-year! We just replaced our adjustable split cal-king base! We both are mostly side sleepers, 20% stomach/semi-side sleepers. My husband is 5’7" and about 210lbs and I’m 5’1" and 170 lbs. We originally had latex mattresses, I in soft and his in medium that were fine for 7 yrs. Then we both developed shoulder and hip pain!. We bought a dunlop latex 3in topper in soft for both and it was fine at first. We replaced the beds with brooklyn bedding Spartan in soft. Needless to say, it was too hot, and really didn’t relieve the pain. We next bought a brooklyn bedding sedona and we’re still having the same issues. I think we need to go back to a latex matress, the issue is do we want a hybrid or just latex and I sleep hot!
We are having a hard time finding a split cal-king let alone customize it to us. Any recommendations where to start?

Hi Lnew,
Welcome to the MattressUnderGround and congratulations on becoming a new MUGster!

Earlier, I had a conversation with Davis from Engineered Sleep, a delightful family-owned business located in Greenville, South Carolina. Similar to our esteemed Trusted Members on the MattressUnderGround, they prioritize transparency and quality, offering a diverse range of options in mattress sizes, comfort combinations, and materials.

Davis mentioned that they could easily craft an all-latex or latex hybrid in a split California king size, with the all-latex version possibly requiring a few additional days for production. Their ability to customize mattresses according to your preferences is remarkable. I highly recommend reaching out to Davis at Engineered Sleep, and don’t forget to mention that Norm ( you can tell him that your were the couple I was talking to him about) or the MattressUnderGround referred you.

Additionally, it’s worth checking with Trusted Member @CST. Upon visiting their website, it is evident that an internal split California king is a commonly offered option CST California Split King by them as well. As you peruse their website, customization is their specialty.

Given that several of our Trusted Members, both manufacturers and retailers, are renowned for producing latex mattresses, you might have more choices than you initially thought. I suggest exploring the options provided by the mentioned sources to find a mattress that perfectly aligns with your needs and preferences in terms of Personal Preferences, Posture, Alignment, and Pressure Relief (PPP).

Wishing you all the best, and awaiting your feedback.

Maverick

Maverick,

Thanks for the help, after reviewing latex beds and sites and speaking with their reps, we decided on a split cal-king from Flobeds Vzone. It just felt right and with many adjustment possibilities! Hopefully it will work for us.

1 Like

Good luck with it, I hope it all works out for you, keep us posted on your progress.
Maverick